MES procedures for programming and enabling of FOBIKs

General messages
dusan147

MES procedures for programming and enabling of FOBIKs

Post by dusan147 » 04 Aug 2022, 11:33

Two question about two MES procedures (see picture) for work with FOBIK:
a) how to disable some unneeded FOBIK? Is it enough to program only needed FOBIK and avoid unneeded in a programming procedure?
b) how to enable FOBIK which is earlier was active (and registered in Alfa's memory) if it was erased in special device in key workshop?
Being Merlin and not Arthur!

s130

Re: MES procedures for programming and enabling of FOBIKs

Post by s130 » 04 Aug 2022, 15:55

Don't quote me on this as I've never attempted to program keys and certainly don't have the required body computer PIN to do so.

It is my understanding that when one enters the programming procedure *ALL* keys must be present as the procedure deletes ALL keys which then have to be programmed back into the system.

Ant key that was previously deleted can still be added back into the system but again all keys that you want to work with the car have to be present.

I think the logic behind this is that if you lose or get a key stolen then how do you know the electronic identity of the key to have just that key deleted? Instead the process just deletes all keys and then only adds those keys that the customer presents to the system.

Like I said I'm not and expert of this but it is my understanding. If I'm wrong then fine but if it were me I would be prepared for all keys to be removed and then have to readmit them and any new keys
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

dusan147

Post by dusan147 » 04 Aug 2022, 16:41

What means: "The FOBIKs have to be pre-programmed with body computer's secret codes in order to be recognized by the vehicle" (it is second sentence on the right side window of MES)?
Is a mentioned "body computer's secret codes" PIN code (number with five figures), actually?
Being Merlin and not Arthur!

s130

Post by s130 » 04 Aug 2022, 19:36

On many/all Fiats,Alfas, Lancias since long ago the vehicle body computer has had a security PIN number. Without this PIN then certain vehicle programming procedures are blocked.

On vehicle models post 2015 then this PIN number was only stored by VIN number on Fiat servers. In theory the PIN is only exchanged with authorised kit, and is not visible to kit operator etc. etc.

One does have to ask "who owns my car"? "Me or Fiat"?

Things / restrictions / etc. are only going to get worse!
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

chrener

Post by chrener » 12 Aug 2022, 16:07

Eanable fobic means Activate NEW/CLEAN fobik by RFHUB or RE-ACTIVATE original lost or original notlearned fobik...
Key programming means Learn activated fobics to RFHUB...
Jeep Renegade 1.4 MultiAir TURBO 75th Anniversary