Connecting to Body Computer Delphi (199) MY09 Fiat Punto Multiair

multiecuscan program usage help
GA!S

Connecting to Body Computer Delphi (199) MY09 Fiat Punto Multiair

Post by GA!S » 22 Mar 2021, 10:44

I'm having problems connecting to the body computer of my Fiat Punto Evo. I'm using a registered version of Multiecuscan 4.7 with an Electronic-Fuchs ELM 327 Bluetooth adapter (bought in 2012). I've ordered a set of adapter cables from Amazon, advertised as working with Multiecuscan.

When I connect my ELM adapter to the OBD port and torn on the ignition everything works fine. The adapter is getting power from the socket, lights flash on an I can connect through bluetooth on my laptop or phone. Multiecuscan is working fine. When I connect the yellow adapter cable though nothing happens. The lights on the adapter do not light up, it does not seem to get power and both my laptop and phone can not connect to the adapter via bluetooth.

Can anyone help me find out what the problem is? Do all interfaces require the adapter cables to be able to connect to the CANBUS or is that no longer required with a newer interface? Do the adapter cables work with a bluetooth interface at all?

s130

Re: Connecting to Body Computer Delphi (199) MY09 Fiat Punto Multiair

Post by s130 » 22 Mar 2021, 12:11

Check your adapter cable/cables.

From what you describe it seems that there is no power connection.

See: https://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx

for the cable wiring. The RED wire between Pin/Skt 16 is the +12V power feed. 4 and 5 are the ground/earth/0V connections.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus