Abarth 595 Competizion MTA Selespeed Box

multiecuscan program usage help
martinetoye

Abarth 595 Competizion MTA Selespeed Box

Post by martinetoye » 30 Nov 2020, 10:19

Hi.

I am having issues with a Calibration on the software to enable the clutch to calibrate.

I am getting and Error code of P290E-55 - Clutch Self Calibration Enable.

It says Fault is Not Configured / Present / Light On.

There is an option in the software under Adjustments called Clutch Self Calibration Enable. It tells me to run the the program in the following way.

Engine Temperature > 80c
Clutch Temperature Between 20c and 150c
No Errors

Procedure sequence is as follows
Press execute button With engine off.
Start Engine
Wait! The Control unit will perform 5 clutch activation cycles!. It should finish in ~1 Minute
Turn Key off, then wait at least 15 seconds and turn the key to MAR.

When I start the car the procedure fails. It says Completed and then underneath Failed.

I think the interface cable is losing power when starting the car so interrupting the program but not sure. I have seen other threads saying to use the KKL interface but when trying this It won't let me connect to the car as it asks for the ELM.

Currently Clutch wont engage and I think it needs to go through this Calibration to enable it. I know the procedure says no errors but I am not sure the code displayed is an error. It think its more of a Information saying the Gearbox / Clutch needs to be Calibrated.

Any advice of help would be greatly appreciated.

alex-et3

Re: Abarth 595 Competizion MTA Selespeed Box

Post by alex-et3 » 30 Nov 2020, 18:12

why did you run that command? before did everything work properly?

martinetoye

Post by martinetoye » 01 Dec 2020, 13:51

I had an issue with the selector arm inside where the bolt snapped and had to remove the unit to gain access to the bolt and then refit the unit.

Since putting back together it still wasn't changing gear correctly so ran through the End of Line Calibration which resolved the gear change but still doesn't sort the Clutch issue and fault appearing.

martinetoye

Post by martinetoye » 01 Dec 2020, 13:59

Just to add the Clutch was working before the issues but has since putting car back together.

Davidb

Post by Davidb » 15 Jan 2021, 09:38

Hi similar problem, did you ever resolve the issue.... Mine says clutch position sensor short to positive or open circuit p1739-15... Wiring from sensor to ecu checks out fine....

martinetoye

Post by martinetoye » 16 Jan 2021, 09:31

Hi there

Problem still not resolved. Sent the car to the main dealer and they are having issues programming as well

Clutch position sensor shorting if wiring is not broken then sensor is usually damaged and will need replacing.

Davidb

Post by Davidb » 16 Jan 2021, 17:17

Well all evidence points to the sensor.... I assmed it is a 4wire hall sensor.... No 5v signal is available on either output.... I assumed the complimentary output is the current value....with a replacement price of £300 odd just wanted to confirm.... Anyway it reminds me of visiting the doctor with my wife after the home pregnancy test was positive.... "what do you want me to say... She's not pregnant?"..... Ta... Its being replaced.... Wonder if theres any caution with the installation..... It was fine before the removal.....

Davidb

Post by Davidb » 30 Jan 2021, 15:25

Got info from Valeo the cps manufacturer.... Not hall effect but pcld.... Permanent magnet contactless linear direction sensor... But no further testing data.... Found the valeo patent for 7-1468843-6 describing a differential transformer principal used with the primary and secondary windings that the resistance is 36ohm primary and 25 ohms secondary.... This sensor tests fine but multiecuscan says open circuit..... Valeo did say the sensor must be calibrated before removal.... Not done by us unfortunately..... New part 55239548 was installed and fault cleared immediately....

martinetoye

Post by martinetoye » 30 Jan 2021, 17:01

That’s some useful information

After a couple of months trying to sort and main dealer quoting to much for me to spend I ended up taking back and shipped to my father for checking over

Turns out the clutch posisiton sensor was playing up or wiring to it. Car is now working but still need to find exactly where fault is.

Might still have to end up taking box out a replacing clutch but for now seems to be working and software programmed the clutch.