New MY20 Ducato 2.3 180, MES compatibly

General messages
RoloPolo

New MY20 Ducato 2.3 180, MES compatibly

Post by RoloPolo » 24 May 2020, 19:07

Hi all, thankfully I’ve only ever asked the odd question (which I need to ask again)

I’m collecting my new Ducato Van MY20 next few days, I need to remove (disconnect) the reverse sensors to stop them going off constantly in reverse due to fitting a Hope T-Bar. I couldn’t do this on my 2017 van due to the mount points being missed off at manufactur

Yani explained to disconnect the reverse sensor ECU/module not the sensors then run a Proxi

My question is, where is the location of the module? Is it in the RH/R corner or elsewhere?

Secondly

Does the latest version of Multi ECU Scan work on MY20 Ducatos?
I seem to recall seeing a warning that some new fiats are blocking access to MES?

Many thanks

Neil

RoloPolo

Re: New MY20 Ducato 2.3 180, MES compatibly

Post by RoloPolo » 25 May 2020, 15:04

I believe the ECU is located inside the rear corner panel, after uncoupling the two wires it threw up the error code and warning triangle, and proxi info page showed it red and removed parking assist module (or similar words)

This was on my current van,

Will check the new van once I have it,

Please can someone confirm if latest version 4.6 will work on latest Ducato MY20
So I can do these jobs & proxi alignments

Many thanks

s130

Post by s130 » 26 May 2020, 07:14

As you have MES then all I can suggest is that you connect to your new MY20 and do a scan. This will detect modules and check their ISO codes to see if they are supported. Even if not supported many functions will still work.

As for SGW then MES will tell you if this is installed. You will then need to get a bypass module.

If this van is brand new from the dealer? then you might like to ask them to disconnect the reverse sensor module and do the Proxi with their kit. They should do it for free if you ask them nicely especially as you are buying it from them.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

RoloPolo

Post by RoloPolo » 26 May 2020, 08:29

Cheers for that mate

Any ideas on these bypass modules
Makes models where to buy?

Cheers
Neil

RoloPolo

Post by RoloPolo » 27 May 2020, 16:22

Picked up the new MY2020 180 Ducato van today

Updated to 4.6R multi ECU scan
Free,

Unsure if there is an SGW or not

In body mode (yellow) it shows a snapshot before vanishing of what it can see,

Doing a Scan on engine mode (green)

Is this because the van and new euro6d (Adblu) engines are too new for MES or is it blocked?

Many thanks

rs3100

Post by rs3100 » 08 Jun 2020, 08:10

I haven't tried MES on a vehicle with the SGW, so I don't know what happens.

But when I bought my Euro 5+ van back in 2016, it s build had been delayed due to a factory shutdown, and when it came through it turned out to be an amalgamation of Euro 5+ and Euro 6 parts in some areas. ECUs that were too new to be recognised by MES reported "Unrecognised ISO code" when I tried to connect to them. I sent copies of the scan reports to Yani (presumably) through the facility in MES. Most of the unrecognised ECUs became functional over the following two releases of MES, but it was a good 18 months or so before they were all recognised.

It is possible to try and continue to connect to unrecognised modules, but I think MES suggests that it's not advisable to try any configuration changes on them, as the results could be unpredictable.

I also have a professional type multi make diagnostic tool, and it's usually 2-3 years before updates to the software cover new vehicles. I tend to think the developers work on the assumption that newer vehicles will be maintained in main dealer workshops, so the independent trade don't need the facilities right away!