Noob questions

General messages
AF04

Noob questions

Post by AF04 » 04 May 2020, 21:29

Hi all,

I'm new to Multiecuscan so please bare (bear?) with me. I have an '07 plate Alfa Romeo GT with 2 issues, firstly fitted new drivers electric window/mirror switch so now have the flashing odometer, proxy realignmnet required; secondly have a weird issue with climate fan which runs continuously even with key removed. Hoping that Multiecuscan will fix this too. I've purchased a registered version of Multiecuscan, however I'm not sure if I've bought the correct adapter, it's the "Fiatecuscan KKL 409.1 Switch USB". So 2 questions, firstly have I bought the correct adapter, and if so what do the numbers on the switch refer to?

Paul.

s130

Re: Noob questions

Post by s130 » 05 May 2020, 07:33

With your Fiatecuscan KKL 409.1 Switch USB then the numbers refer to which Pin the KKL signal is connected.

With normal VAG/KKL interfaces the signal is on Pin 7. So with your switch modified version the signal is connected to Pin 7 when the switch is aligned with the number 7. This would be generally for the engine ECU. On Fiats/Alfas/Others the Air Bag ECU (Pin 3), ABS ECU (Pin3), Aircon ECU, Steering ECU (Pin 12), TPMS (Pin 13) etc. are often connected to different pins.

If you look at the Supported Vehicles List (http://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx) then everything is explained. You will note that for the GT you will see the listed ECUs that the MES software can talk to. Those with the Blue KL square you can connect to with your KL interface. The ECUs/Modules with Green ELM square require an ELM/similar device as they use the CANbus protocol. So for full coverage of your vehicle you will need to also get and ELM/OBDLink interface AND adapter cable set. The cables do the same thing as the switches on you switch KKL device. You would need at lease cable A1 and A2 for full coverage. Buying a full cable set is cheaper than buying individual ones and you will then be set for any vehicle that MES supports.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

AF04

Post by AF04 » 05 May 2020, 17:17

Thanks for that comprehensive reply, there's more to this than I realised!

AF04

Post by AF04 » 11 May 2020, 15:37

I've now purchased an OBD-Direct adaptor which seems to cover my needs.
It's installed fine with correct drivers & com port assigned and runs in simulation mode, do I need to lower the latency setting? Default is 16

AF04

Post by AF04 » 13 May 2020, 15:06

Left latency at default setting of 16 but wouldn't connect; changed it down to 1 but still no joy, then realised I hadn't turned ignition on, :roll: . Success!
Managed to resolve 2 out 3 problems, proxy re-alignment and reset service interval; no joy with the climate fan running continuously, MES reports fan at 0% even though fan is running; wondering if relay is faulty, would MES flag up a duff relay? If not the relay will have to try different climate control module.

Overall I'm pleased with MES has paid for itself already. :)