Fiat Tipo activate cornering fog lights

General messages
Cicifan

Fiat Tipo activate cornering fog lights

Post by Cicifan » 27 Feb 2020, 16:20

Hi. Thanks all for the chance to ask the professionals. I have a Fiat Tipo 2019 version. Fiat Customer service installed fog lights. Working good, the indicator LED working on dashboard, using the stock buttons, and installed the cable to body computer, like the stock method. But... Inside the dashboard menu, the fog light settings doesent showing, and not possible the cornering fog lights activation. The Fiat service said, 'no software to activate this function if you not buyed the new car with this.' I very sad. I paid much money for the original Fiat installing method, and the cornering not working. We drive many times with dark roads, because very need the cornering function. Someon know to help me? I see same issue this forum, with a 500L car. Thanks, and i waiting the reply.

Cicifan

Re: Fiat Tipo activate cornering fog lights

Post by Cicifan » 25 Apr 2020, 12:04

No chance to solve this problem? :(

s130

Post by s130 » 25 Apr 2020, 16:32

Have you done a Scan with MES to see what is installed?

You could also try an Proxi Alignment to see if this picks up your installed lights.

After this (if this does not work) then I guess you will need to do a custom Proxi data update. However this requires the EXACT knowledge of which bytes(s) need changing and to what value. Maybe someone here on the forum know this?
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

Yugiro

Post by Yugiro » 26 Apr 2020, 21:28

you can try this byte
Cornelinght light
Byte 58 - 50
Byte 59 - D9
please try this change and share the result with me

Cicifan

Post by Cicifan » 15 May 2020, 09:22

Thanks all. Fiat car service called me some days ago, and i visited the service, and my problem solved. Now working perfectly like the stock. He tell me, needed to change some 'hidden' settings with programming in the daytime running lights section. And after activated. Similar method like other newer Fiat models settings.