Grande Punto key programming

General messages
Liam1804

Grande Punto key programming

Post by Liam1804 » 15 Mar 2019, 09:13

Hi everyone, I’ve just brought a 2006 Grande Punto 1.2 8v, the car only has 1 remote key,

Ive managed to buy a brand new spare key cut that has a ID46 transponder in, (it’s only a basic key to unlock/lock, start the vehicle manually)

I’ve downloded multiecuscan free version and had a play in simulation mode just on the laptop without connecting to the vehicles OBD2 port, programming the keys looks straight forward enough but because I haven’t used it before I would like to just get some advice,

My question is,
when programming a brand new key/transponder To the car do I just do the following,

1, Select Make : Fiat
2, Selcet Model : Grande Punto
3, Select Engine : 1.2 8v
4, Select Body : (then the correct BCM for my car)
5, Simulate
6, Adjustments
7, Key Programming
8, Execute
9, READ THE YELLOW SCREEN MORE THAN ONCE lol then press ok,

10, Entre the Vehicles Security Code.
11, follow the instructions for ALL keys

Job complete?

Will the blank key that I brought now be programmed to the BCM and start the vehicle?

I’m sorry if this has been asked thousands of times, I have used the search feature and read aload of threads about programming keys I just wanted to be reassured that this is the correct way to programme a new blank key/transponder key

Regards
Liam

s130

Re: Grande Punto key programming

Post by s130 » 15 Mar 2019, 10:47

Yes that is the basic sequence except that when doing it for real you will skip your Step5-Simulate.

Personally I would also recommend doing this during the working week, in the morning, in the car park of, or immediately outside, a Fiat dealer/service centre. This will ensure that should something go wrong with the process at least your car will be immobilised in a more favourable location with help at hand.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

Liam1804

Post by Liam1804 » 15 Mar 2019, 12:09

This may sound like a stupid question, but when I simulate it and enter the security code, do I still turn the ignition on with each keys? Basically just doing the same procedures as if I was doing it for real?

Does the simulation mode just make sure the process will be successful before doing it for real?

Sorry to sound thick lol

Liam

s130

Post by s130 » 15 Mar 2019, 18:32

I'll let someone else answer this as I've never done a key reprogramming myself.

I too wondered if one has to just insert or insert and turn the ignition on.

Over to someone else.

Any takers?
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

mankam

Post by mankam » 11 Jun 2020, 19:14

any news please, someone have do this procedure?

I need to programmed a new remote key with the old one (no remote) in my Grande punto 1.3 multijet 2007 using registered multiecuscan 4.2 ,can explain the process please?
in some point says:

2. The system will ask you to insert KEY 1 and click Y. After that the system will confirm if the recognition of the key is successfull.
3. The system will ask you to insert KEY 2. So, you have to remove KEY 1 and insert KEY 2. This procedure can be repeated for up to 8 keys

My question is how do it this? remove the key 1 from ignition the multiecuscan is stay connected?

Is the process the same for remote keys and the no remote keys?
Thanks