Adaptive cruise control activation - Alfa Giulia

multiecuscan program usage help
Rumi

Adaptive cruise control activation - Alfa Giulia

Post by Rumi » 04 Nov 2018, 02:23

trying to activate adaptive cruise control on my Giulia. There is an option for ACC and ACC +1. What is the difference? Also, after trying adding ACC, the system requires proxy align reset. Is this necessary? Is there another way to do this?

THanks

epsonix

Re: Adaptive cruise control activation - Alfa Giulia

Post by epsonix » 18 Nov 2018, 21:57

I won't answer about differences between ACC and ACC+, but have some experience from doing retrofits in 159s and Giuliettas.
So first, when you change setting in Proxi under MES, you run Proxi, otherwise it is not stored. It is clearly stated in MES mesages.

Second, I haven't ever dig down ePer to see if there are any significant differences in terms of hardware used for cars with AAC vs without (mean like front camera, radar, other modules) - did you check this? For sure different are steering wheel buttons - you need additonal button to set AAC - it is the button right beside standard cruise control button.
I only guess, but there is some chance (say 50%) it woudl be enough to only change buttons and active AAC in Proxi, but there is also, that more hardware would require to change or even something to be added.

Another issue is warranty - don't expect it to last if dealer service realizes you did retrofit/proxi.

Let us know if you progress with the matter - who knows, if it is possible, I may add it after my warranty expires.

WarnerCer

Adaptive cruise control activation Alfa Giulia

Post by WarnerCer » 16 Jan 2019, 12:06

Have. 2016 g4hs phev and having issue with "not available now " message when trying to activate the adaptive cruise control.
Dealer plugged car in to diagnostics but didnt reveal problem.
Will need car to liaise with Mitsubishi technical on this one.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Car has now been in twice. Mitsubishi technical havent had this problem before.
Next step is to try and swap out components with a donor vehicle. Query on the Acc sensor or possibly the wiring harness. Either way car will be in for a few days whilst they try.

epsonix

Re: Adaptive cruise control activation - Alfa Giulia

Post by epsonix » 16 Jan 2019, 13:49

this forum is about MES software and this topic is about retrofitting ACC to Alfa Romeo Giulia and activating it with MES. Why do you write here about Mitsubishi and some failure in your car? I suggest finding Mitsubishi forum and discuss it there