Doubt about kkl interface chipset

General messages
sider

Doubt about kkl interface chipset

Post by sider » 12 Mar 2024, 20:02

Hi everyone. I'm new to the group and before buying one of the many china machines on the market, I would need clarification, but first I'll make a premise: I have already purchased an Elm327 interface which I managed to interface without problems with the control units of a Alfa Romeo 156 tdi 1.9 '03 and a Fiat panda Natural Power 1.2 '09. Same thing with a Fiat Doblò mjet 1.3 '09, apart from the ABS control unit (Teves MK20 which is where I have problems) which multiecuscan tells me to reach with a kkl interface. Can you confirm that the KKL is required for this control unit? If so, I also had an old AlfaRomeo 146 1.4 twinspark that specifically asks for a KKL interface, do you think I can buy one that allows me to enter both cars? I've seen that there are several chips available and I honestly can't figure out which one to buy between CH340 (with or without selector), ft232RL and ft232RQ (both with upper selector). I already have the 6 optional cables that I bought together with the Elm327.
Can anyone be kind enough to give me some quick advice?
Thank you in advance