TFT swap and some features not working

General messages
Racing5k

TFT swap and some features not working

Post by Racing5k » 20 Jan 2024, 21:00

Hello,

I just swapped my 2013 Abarth display with a newer 2018 TFT display. When I first plugged it in my boost gauge was powered up and the display was the Abarth style. I did a proxy alignment to stop the milage from flashing. This changed the look of the display to pop so I changed byte 65 to 60 which changed the display to a sport look. Just to do a test I changed byte 65 to 00 and it did change to the Pop version. I have tried many times with no luck to get it back to Abarth I tried 00 20 40 60.
Second:
I noticed I have no menus to set the clock and date?
Third:
My TPMS light is staying on even though everything tests good and the tire pressures are good. For now I have just set it to " not present " until I figure out what is going on.
Forth:
The display is in km instead of miles. I was able to raise the mileage to the correct mileage but it is still in km. I changed the settings in multiecuscan and re-ran proxy alignment but still in km
Fifth:
When I took the car test drive the eco meter on the digital display does nothing. And my turbo boost gauge is dead

My hope is some of these issues can be solved in proxy setting byte changes?

Thanks for any help! This is my first try with this work and software so if I appear ignorant it's becuase I am new.

Racing5k

Re: TFT swap and some features not working

Post by Racing5k » 22 Jan 2024, 01:25

I have been able to solve problems 2 and 4 through my newly installed stereo. I have however made a mistake and typed 80 in the 65 byte field and it made my mileage flash again. Even when I fixed the problem and re-ran the PA it will not correct so be careful what you use its still flashing.
Is it possible that this unit from the UK needs a different number in byte 65 than 60? The unit showed up with Abarth display and when I performed the first PA it came out as sport when i used 60 and I have never been able to get the Abarth layout to work since?

grun500

Re: TFT swap and some features not working

Post by grun500 » 07 Feb 2024, 13:20

Hi Good to know that date and time issue with facelift type cluster in a pre-facelift type car, can be solved. What type of radio did you install and is the radio communicating with cluster (like radio station/song titels etc) and are steering wheel buttons working

BBOinsam

-

Post by BBOinsam » 12 Feb 2024, 10:44

I have one, and its working fine outputting digital, but it sounds like your problem is with alsa detecting the card. Did you add it to an existing installation, or did you install with the card in your machine?