IAW06 and 16F connection issues

General messages
ei4ggb

IAW06 and 16F connection issues

Post by ei4ggb » 27 Mar 2023, 10:31

Hi All,

just wondering if there is a general issue with connecting to these old ECU's with current versions of MES ?
I need to connect to an IAW16F ECU in a cinquecento and am using a K-line interface - so what seems to happen me is that MES briefly connects, displays the ISO code briefly and then goes back to the seelction screen - no error or disconnect message is given, and it looks like it would allow further operations if it didn't bomb out. Even if I disconnect the ECU, MES briefly displays the screen with the ISO code etc before again bombing back out to the selection screen - in this case I still don't get a "failed to connect" message.

I know MES used to work with these old ECU's ok.. so just wondering if anything has changed or anyone else is having issues with these old cars..

thanks..

s130

Re: IAW06 and 16F connection issues

Post by s130 » 27 Mar 2023, 11:18

Should work OK.

Regressions can sometimes happen.

You can create a log report for MES support.

After it/you disconnect there is a PDF button net to the Simulate button on the home screen. These is also a log file in the program's directory. Check this for any errors.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

ei4ggb

Post by ei4ggb » 27 Mar 2023, 12:29

Hi There,

I tried the simulation mode and it works as expected.. log file just has the ISO code, no mention of any error message. I guess it could be a regression, a forum search didn't reveal anyone else with the same issue but then again, how many would be trying to connect to a system that old ?
I might leave this here for another while before raising a bug report just to see if anyone else has same issue..

Thanks..

ei4ggb

Post by ei4ggb » 27 Mar 2023, 22:48

Hello,

after a search it seems this may be happening others (see thread with a 166 dashboard issue). I will test again and possibly try IAWscan. I also have two old bravo airbag modules with K-line - I will test these and see if the same issue occurs and generate report and log files - they don't show much - in the below example you can see the ISO code but that's it.. incidentally if I pick the wrong ECU (e.g. IAW06F the error message for the "wrong ISO code" does appear, after which MES jumps back to the selection screen - normally even with incorrect ISO code or module selection you would get to continue (at least on older versions). I will try older versions also to see where this issue appeared..

Thanks,

Owen.

(Multiecuscan 5.1)
26/03/2023 23:31:55
Fiat Cinquecento i.e.
Magneti Marelli IAW 16F Injection
--------------------------------------------------------------

ECU ISO code: D0 85 04 94 C2
Spare part number: