Proxi for Fiat 500 for CarPlay activation

General messages
danymi94

Proxi for Fiat 500 for CarPlay activation

Post by danymi94 » 26 Feb 2023, 13:25

Hi everyone,
I have a Fiat 500 1.0 Hybrid with uConnect 7 NAV+DAB but no CarPlay.
I was reading that there are different uConnect versions:
-Without CarPlay/AndroidAuto (missing hardaware)
-With CarPlay/AndroidAuto (hardware ok but disabled from software)
-With CarPlay/AndroidAuto (both hw and sw ok)

I managed to learn that recent cars that does not have CarPlay/AA are in the second category (so it should be a sw issue). My car is a MY2022, so pretty recent.

I have some questions:
1. Does anyone know how to check this?
2. Is it necessary to change the usb port to activate CarPlay? I have a mono usb port, I am aware that a dual usb module exists.
3. In case it is a software issue, do I need to modify byte 157 and 160 to 01 only since I am not making hardware mods?

budgoz

Re: Proxi for Fiat 500 for CarPlay activation

Post by budgoz » 01 Mar 2023, 21:15

danymi94 wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 13:25
Hi everyone,

I managed to learn that recent cars that does not have CarPlay/AA are in the second category (so it should be a sw issue). My car is a MY2022, so pretty recent.

I have some questions:
2. Is it necessary to change the usb port to activate CarPlay? I have a mono usb port, I am aware that a dual usb module exists.
3. In case it is a software issue, do I need to modify byte 157 and 160 to 01 only since I am not making hardware mods?
Hi, can you please post your proxy?
Anyway, I've never been able to activate the CarPlay on hardward that says w/o CarPlay on the label. As for the rest:
2) No, it's not necessary.
3) It depends on the configuration, but this is the first thing you should try. Maybe I can help.

Sambergwkd

Re: Proxi for Fiat 500 for CarPlay activation

Post by Sambergwkd » 22 Jul 2023, 21:58

budgoz wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 21:15
danymi94 wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 13:25
Hi everyone,

I have some questions:
Hi, can you please post your proxy?
Anyway, I've never been able to activate the CarPlay on hardward that says w/o CarPlay on the label. As for the rest:
2) No, it's not necessary.
3) It depends on the configuration, but this is the first thing you should try. Maybe I can help.
Hi Budgoz,

I would like to get in touch with you about the following. I just bought A fiat 500 2017 0,9 TwinAir Turbo 80hp with u Connect 7 dab and TomTom but unfortunately without CarPlay. Would like to hear from you if and how we van get it to work. Could not send you a PM so hopeing to reach you via this way!

Kind Regards,

Sam Berg