Mac M2 & Win11 on Parallels VM & ODBLink?

General messages
spidertje

Mac M2 & Win11 on Parallels VM & ODBLink?

Post by spidertje » 17 Jan 2023, 10:21

I do have a MacBook Air M2 (ARM), using Parallels VM for running Windows 11 as well on top of the Mac OS (Ventura).

Within the MAC I can find my ODBLink MX+ BT adapter without any issue, pairing also works fine. Also in Windows I have added the ODBlink BT adapter, paired the device and added a serial/com port within Parallels as well. Still within MultiEcuScan the adapter is not recognized, not working.

The Parallel support team is stating I need a specific ARM driver (from MultiEcuScan) to be able to use the adapter within the MultiEcuScan software with this setup. Anyone can confirm this? Or have another way of working?

I do read few articles on the Inet referring to the issue that currently that on an an ARM config signed drivers are not yet supported. Anyone can confirm and how top resolve this issue?

Was hoping to use the MacBook M2 also for MultiEcuScan so I can get rid of my old Windows notebook :-)

islam.eltokhy

Re: Mac M2 & Win11 on Parallels VM & ODBLink?

Post by islam.eltokhy » 16 Mar 2023, 11:44

Same here , any solution?

DanilViacy

-

Post by DanilViacy » 17 Apr 2023, 06:44

Just to clarify, the trace is saying its the Mac App Store version - have you added that as a non-Steam game to your Steam library, and are trying to launch it from there?

spidertje

Post by spidertje » 06 May 2023, 14:16

No clue what you are saying. I am trying to use the windows licensed version on a MacBook Pro m2 with latest version of paralles. Windows 11. I do have the BT connected and paired, both in windows as IOS and the BT adapter is linked/connected to a serial com port. It does not work..... :-(

s130

Post by s130 » 06 May 2023, 16:34

From experience with Windows software that IO have developed that uses/requires fast USB connection then running under VMs or with Emulators can be a real problem.

MES is a .NET application so in/for Parallels you have to have the .NET runtime libraries as well.

If I were you I would use BOOTCAMP and boot a real version of Windows. This way Windows and MES have full control of the hardware environment with nobody else in the mix.

You can download Win 10 and install and run. No license key is required however after a trial period some user customisation features are no longer usable but this will not affect MES.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

spidertje

Post by spidertje » 15 May 2023, 18:47

u can't run bootcamp on a m2.. as far as I know at least u need WinTel....

bowdenandymecom

Post by bowdenandymecom » 13 Jun 2023, 14:57

Any progress with this?
I currently have my multiplex MES connected via USB to my 3 year old MacBook Pro running Windows7 on the latest version of Parallels Desktop and Ventura and it works fine.

I want to get an M2 MacBook soon, but this post has got me a bit alarmed.

I suspect the spidertje's issue may be limited to Bluetooth and hoping that using USB I'll be OK. Any comments welcome.