Alfa Giulia - problem with copied key

General messages
dusan147

Re: Alfa Giulia - problem with copied key

Post by dusan147 » 08 Sep 2022, 12:21

shpuncik wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 07:34
check Chinese key PCB - maybe there is some kind of way to switch it between 3 and 5 buttons fobs
The idea deserves check! :D
chrener wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 10:33
On chinese fobiks you need to "generate" it first, and then code it to car. Fobik functions depends on how was generated. You can also learn any button on specific function with programmer...
After coding 5btn fobik, original works normally as usually...
I think that this types of fobik come pre-defined for Giulia and Stelvio in opposite to "universal" fobiks which need some kind of "initiation" for specific brand of car.
Being Merlin and not Arthur!

chrener

Post by chrener » 09 Sep 2022, 08:18

As I said, your fobik is probably 5btn board in 3btn case... Or your 3btn fobik was generated as 5btn, and it is answer why your boot button generate signal for panic. Button is on same place... Check it and write what you dicsovered inside...
Jeep Renegade 1.4 MultiAir TURBO 75th Anniversary

dusan147

Post by dusan147 » 09 Sep 2022, 13:48

In the meantime I wrote to Keyecu (production company of my key) with question about update of firmware of key and description of fail behavior, but without answer. I found video clip for complete assembling of Giulia/Stelvio key:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk6LxjAi0D8

I could open the key to check possibility of switching from 5- to 3-button function, but think that non compatible firmware is in my key, probably.
Btw, it is spare key and described bad functioning isn't too problematic.
Being Merlin and not Arthur!