Activation code wanted

General messages
RodEyles

Activation code wanted

Post by RodEyles » 07 Dec 2021, 16:01

I've just bought a new computer so I want to transfer Multiecuscan. I've got a Removal Key from the old computer but the TransferLicense response states that the details "entered are not valid or this license has expired"
The details are correct and the license has not expired (is there an expiry date?).
I've tried to email Support, as advised, but emails are not being accepted. "Recipient server unavailable or busy".

How do I resolve this issue............?

s130

Re: Activation code wanted

Post by s130 » 07 Dec 2021, 17:40

First of all the Email to support may be a temporary issue. Please try again in a day or so.

Unless you have a lifetime license (very few people have) then your license is valid for 1 year and updates/fixes in that period. After the year if not renewed then your software will continue to work but not benefit from updates/fixes/etc.

I was not aware that the License Transfer would not operate after your license has expired! Please check you got everything done/entered correctly.

Please keep trying MES Support. Yani will respond but often not as quickly as people would like due to development workload and no doubt many less serious support questions arriving in his mailbox.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

RodEyles

Post by RodEyles » 09 Dec 2021, 11:41

Thank you. I emailed again and got a prompt reply with a new license key. All sorted

Upgrades are free within the first 12 months but thereafter a new license has to be bought if you wish to have upgrades. Multiecuscan is transferable to a new PC but the version installed has to be the same as that on the old PC.

s130

Post by s130 » 09 Dec 2021, 16:18

Good to hear and thanks for confirming there is not a issue with license transfer.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus