Fiat 500 TFT Missing Features - My Fault

General messages
jeyarbrough

Fiat 500 TFT Missing Features - My Fault

Post by jeyarbrough » 05 Oct 2021, 16:12

Hello everyone. A little over a year ago I installed the TFT instrument cluster into my 2012 Sport. At first I had all of the features, and when the screen turned on it showed both the 500 startup logo and the Blue & Me logo. I was also able to see the different menus such as tire pressure, etc. in my TFT cluster, but I believe I changed one of the bytes testing what the different cluster options looked like, and after that, my car no longer showed the Blue & Me startup, and I can no longer access many menus in the TFT cluster. I have been okay with that, but now I have free time, and I am open to trying to fix it.

I still have my old gauge cluster that was just the red/non-color option, and I was wondering if I put that back into my car and drove with it, then redoing the TFT install if that would fix my issues. I have googled if there was a way to reset or update the software inside the TFT cluster, but I have found nothing. Have any of you had similar issues? I hope I did not permanently remove those menus from the TFT seeing that they don't appear anymore. I know that the gauge cluster is capable of showing Blue & Me/TPMS/etc because it has shown them before I messed with the tft cluster theme. Thank you for your help.

s130

Re: Fiat 500 TFT Missing Features - My Fault

Post by s130 » 06 Oct 2021, 07:43

Have not used custom Proxi to change anything on my 500X or changed the cluster. What I would ask is did you save anywhere the original Proxi config of the old unit and the new one *before* you changed bytes in the new unit? I'm not sue if MES creates an automatic backup so it may be worth while looking on your PC.

If the old unit was functional before you changed then putting it back and doing a Proxi alignment should restore the old unit to working as it did, menus etc. You could then put the new unit back in and try a Proxi again and see if that restores what you have lost.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus