MES 4.5R1 does not display correctly

General messages
c3k

MES 4.5R1 does not display correctly

Post by c3k » 30 Sep 2020, 01:18

I'm running a registered copy of MultiECUscan on my laptop. It's a 4k screen.

The program display is cutoff and crushed on my laptop. I cannot access some of the buttons.

(I cannot post an image in this forum.)

What do I change to get it so I can access the buttons?

Thanks.

s130

Re: MES 4.5R1 does not display correctly

Post by s130 » 30 Sep 2020, 09:17

By 4K I assume you mean 3840 x 2160 pixels?

There is nothing in MES to my knowledge that will allow you to change the programs resolution settings.

All I can suggest is you set a lower desktop/screen resolution so that the MES display panels fill more of the screen area giving you better/larger buttons to access.

Please explain your "cutoff". Are you saying that the MES display panels are larger than the screen and thus not accessible?

If this is the case and the MES window can't be moved using the mouse then you can do it via the keyboard.

Press [ALT]+[SPACE BAR]
Press [m]
Use cursor keys to move window
[ESC] to exit
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

c3k

Post by c3k » 30 Sep 2020, 11:07

4k: yes, the display has 3840 x 2160 pixels.

cutoff: it's hard to describe, but the various sections/windows/buttons that make up the multiECUscan display are jammed together such that none of them are fully visible.

There is no way to move them around. I can reduce the Windows10 "window" within which multiECUscan resides, but that does not change it.

(Since I cannot embed an image in this forum, I cannot show what I'm seeing.)

However, your suggestion helped. I dropped my laptop display from 4k down to 1080 (1929x1080) and now MES displays the way it should.

TL;DR: MES does not scale or work in a 4k display environment. It needs to be at 1080.

s130

Post by s130 » 30 Sep 2020, 16:27

Glad the resizing of the screen resolution worked.

I develop software and have the same issues with screen sizes.

The problem with complex screens with buttons etc. is that in Visual Studio whilst a text box can be made to flow and resize with screen or window size the same is not true for buttons and other objects. They do not automatically resize. You have to programmatically recalculate size and reposition EVERY item in your code. This is very difficult to do and even then one may have to change font sizes to ensure any enclosed text on say a button is not too small or too large to fit.

So software developers tend to now choose a program form and layout size that will work on the majority of screen sizes.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus