Cannot Detect Airbag Computer

General messages
Wilo

Cannot Detect Airbag Computer

Post by Wilo » 16 Aug 2020, 16:16

I bought a full version of the software to run diagnostics on my 2006 Alfa Romeo 147 T.Spark Turismo and I bought a kit with all of the cables.
I was able to reset the service, do a proxi alignment, program a key, clear engine codes, check the ABS codes etc but it simply does not detect an airbag computer, is there a specific version of the software I need? I have an airbag light on and would really like to clear it.

It seems to do everything (including ABS) but does not pick up my airbag computer at all. The airbag light comes on, goes off, then comes on again when I start the car and also disabling the passenger airbag does show an indicator on the dashboard.

What I've tried:

-Cleaned all connectors and cable tied them together.
-Removed Airbag ecu to use contact cleaner on all connection and secure the ground.
-Tried every cable that MES supports just in case.

The error I get when I try to connect is telling me to use the correct OBD connector (KKL/ELM327 etc) but I am using an ELM 327 adapter and it connects to the ABS computer so I know it isn't dodgy. Also a scan doesn't produce any modules for the airbag.

I hope I can get some help its driving me insane!

s130

Re: Cannot Detect Airbag Computer

Post by s130 » 16 Aug 2020, 19:44

I think your problem will be resolved if you get a KKL interface.

Vehicles Supported list for the TS says that the 147TS requires a KL interface to connect to the airbag system.

See: http://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus