Alfa Romeo Spider 916 Phase 2

General messages
Sirbokias

Alfa Romeo Spider 916 Phase 2

Post by Sirbokias » 16 Aug 2020, 16:10

Hello,
I own an Alfa Romeo Spider from the year 2000. The car is phase 2 and it has an OBD Port inside the fuse box underneath the steering wheel. Only that and nothing else. The engine is 1.8 TS and the vehicle's ZAR is 916000*06067359.
I am looking to buy a compatible (of course) and reliable ECU Scanner and Multiecuscan seems to be the product to have. I would like to be able to read / erase codes from the engine, airbags, pre tensioners, A/C and ABS. But then again comes the question of computer operating system and interfaces and so on and I am getting very confused. Price should be taken into consideration too, but as secondary factor. Either I can afford it or I can't but I wouldn't like to buy something that as a "home mechanic" don't really need.
Therefor I would like to ask the simple question:

What should I be buying in order to be able to read and erase fault codes from the specific car ? To brake it down a bit more:

1) Registered Software - Check! What version of windows do I need ? Does it support windows 10 ?
2) Cable - From the help section I see that KL is required for all subsystems. Do I need only that or also the bundle of 3 cables A1, A2 and A3 ? and what about the P1, P2 and so on pins thing ?

Thank you in advance for you time.

Looking forward doing business with you.

Best Regards

alfa156sarajevo

Re: Alfa Romeo Spider 916 Phase 2

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 26 Sep 2020, 07:37

I have tested MES with win7 and winXP and it is working just fine.
I didn't tested the win10. Its shoul work...
You can try it. For your model should be most things that you need free (airbag, engine, abs).
You need KL interface and the adapters (A1,A2 and A4).
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars