2009 Abarth dash proxi codes.

General messages
Scuderia Turin

2009 Abarth dash proxi codes.

Post by Scuderia Turin » 09 Feb 2020, 22:28

Hello,

I am building a Abarth 500 2009 as a track car and am removing the ABS and the whole Airbag system from the car.

I have been led to believe I can stop the error messages on the dash by a proxy alignment and deleting the relevant control modules? I also want to stop the car flashing the hazards under heavy braking.

Is this true and if so how is it done? I did ask before and someone put a link to another thread but it was of no help.

Regards J

s130

Re: 2009 Abarth dash proxi codes.

Post by s130 » 10 Feb 2020, 19:19

Just replying so you know that there are people here, but not as frequently as I would like.

My view of the proxi system is that it is a black art to punters and a potential nightmare to diagnostic software writers.

All proxi info I have seen on this site is "user experience" possibly supported by feedback from Yani (MES developer).

For a track car that does not have to comply with annual road worthy tests (MOT in UK) then you can just "play and pray" and if flashing lights etc annoy you then just ignore them. I say this in jest/fun but I also appreciate it does not answer your problem and questions.

Vehicle systems have got so complicated and with inter module registration that replace some components (eg. ABS unit) are no longer easily possibly unless you have a manufacturer virgin replacement unit that often has to be programmed/specifically register into the vehicles systems.

I hope some others will now wake up and post back for you.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

Scuderia Turin

Post by Scuderia Turin » 10 Feb 2020, 22:10

Thank you.

Sadly I still have to drive it to and from track so will require an mot.

My mot tester is very pragmatic and says if its a dedicated track car with harnesses and cage etc he is not bothered if the air bags are there or not and same with the ABS as long as there are no lights or warnings on the dash!

My thought was a simple one, if I can stop the messages being sent to the dash and then wire up the little lights to other warning lights so they go out when started then its all good.
SRS failure messages on the dash will just make it harder.

J

shpuncik

Post by shpuncik » 10 Feb 2020, 22:29

There is setting to disable hazard lights although I've never tested it. Maybe someone will add more info.

As for ABS there is option of no ABS under proxi but not sure how car would react to it. You can always disconnect ABS unit however if I remember well Fiat connects modules in series on CAN bus so you'll have to jump some wires as engine ECU is I think last on network

Scuderia Turin

Post by Scuderia Turin » 12 Feb 2020, 05:14

shpuncik wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 22:29
There is setting to disable hazard lights although I've never tested it. Maybe someone will add more info.

As for ABS there is option of no ABS under proxi but not sure how car would react to it. You can always disconnect ABS unit however if I remember well Fiat connects modules in series on CAN bus so you'll have to jump some wires as engine ECU is I think last on network

Many thanks.

Scuderia Turin

Post by Scuderia Turin » 06 Aug 2020, 20:54

Where would i find this please?
shpuncik wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 22:29

Rockonfatboy

Re: 2008 fiat 500 fitted new lcd speedo

Post by Rockonfatboy » 19 Sep 2020, 14:46

Hi I have fitted new speedo out off 2020 fiat 500 to fiat 500 2009 proxy it and all works but units in kph and need in mph any help need custom proxy number