Jeep Renegade Proxi alignment

General messages
elecauto

Jeep Renegade Proxi alignment

Post by elecauto » 05 Feb 2020, 21:26

Hello,
I have a Jeep Renegade 1.8L of the 2016, I changed the ABS control module with an used one, so I must do the "Proxi alignment", but the process ends with a "EOL failed".
By the way, I´m using multiecuscan 4.5 and OBDLink SX interface.
I saw that in "used" ABS control module there are some DTC related to automatic transmission, my car is manual transmission, could be this why Proxi fails?
Important to say that in BCM there is only the DTC B10AA-4A (incorrect components installed, configuration).
Does anyone know if there is a special procedure to do Proxi alignment?, or ... if there is DTC present in ABS control module could cause that Proxi alignment fails? :?:

Thanks

s130

Re: Jeep Renegade Proxi alignment

Post by s130 » 06 Feb 2020, 09:31

I am led to believe that the ABS unit is coded to the vehicle with VIN/similar related data. *If this is the case* then I suspect that you need a "factory fresh/blank" ABS unit. This maybe something that an FCA dealer can do with the official manufacturer's diagnostic equipment.

I suggest you do some web searches to see if this unique coding to the vehicle is true.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

shpuncik

Re: Jeep Renegade Proxi alignment

Post by shpuncik » 06 Feb 2020, 10:19

As s130 said there most likely is VIN number of previous car in ABS ECU. You should be able to see it in MES in ABS Info screen. Easiest way is to go to dealer and check if they can re-use used ABS unit with witech and load your car configuration.
ePER doesn't show different ABS units for manaul/automatic.