Anyone using Apple iso version of multiecuscan

General messages
glennuk

Anyone using Apple iso version of multiecuscan

Post by glennuk » 16 Dec 2019, 14:48

Hi
Anyone using the apple iso version of multiecuscan if so what do you think of it as it dosent get good review on the apps store?
i have just bought a Genuine OBD link mx+ as its ment to be one of the more reliable systems is anyone using this system if so what set up are you using and does it work well?

Y Cymro

Re: Anyone using Apple iso version of multiecuscan

Post by Y Cymro » 14 Jul 2020, 16:12

I appreciate this is an old thread but I’ve only recently joined here and thought this might ge useful to someone in future.
Before purchasing MES Inasked Yami the same question and received the following reply:

“ Both Windows and iOS version have the same coverage and the same functionality. The iPhone/iPad version is completely separate from the Multiecuscan for Windows and it is also more expensive. It can only be purchased from Apple’s App Store and it is not linked to the Windows’ version. The licensing is also different - it can be purchased only for a year and stops working after the period expires.
Also, for the iPhone version you will need an iOS certified Bluetooth interface or a WiFi interface. The iPhone Multiecuscan app works only with CANtieCAR WiFi, ELM327 WiFi, OBDLink MX WiFi or OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth. It does not work with other interfaces.
For the Windows version you can use a cheap USB ELM327 interface, or USB OBDLink (which works better than ELM327, but is more expensive).”

I’d like to add that I’ve purchased the iOS version and it works very well with a Wi-fi ELM327 interface in my Alfa to read and erase fault codes. For me, the advantage of the iOS version is that I almost always have my phone with me so MES is always available.

Y Cymro

Re: Anyone using Apple iso version of multiecuscan

Post by Y Cymro » 14 Jul 2020, 16:19

I’ve purchased the iOS version and it works very well with a Wi-fi ELM327 interface in my Alfa to read and erase fault codes. For me, the advantage of the iOS version is that I almost always have my phone with me so MES is always available.