ODO blinking after proxi alignment fiat bravo 13

General messages
righi

ODO blinking after proxi alignment fiat bravo 13

Post by righi » 08 Jul 2018, 00:53

so, I successfully did a proxi alignment on my bravo 13 last week, ODO stopped flashing, ok!

yesterday, the car battery died on me, upon replacing it, the clock started flashing, so I went back on MES and changed the type of info displayed from my original radio nav + blue and me setting (type 3 I think) to type1 just blue and me.

this change granted me access to a fuller array of options in the dashboard menu, I was able to set the clock correctly BUT now my odo blinks again, and no matter what I do it wont stop blinking

any help is appreciated

rs3100

Re: ODO blinking after proxi alignment fiat bravo 13

Post by rs3100 » 08 Jul 2018, 10:20

At the risk of stating the obvious, change it back to the previous setting and proxy align again!

righi

Post by righi » 10 Jul 2018, 12:53

rs3100 wrote:At the risk of stating the obvious, change it back to the previous setting and proxy align again!

it only fixes it if I keep radionav and B&M plugged in, but the purpose is to change the radio

rs3100

Post by rs3100 » 13 Jul 2018, 11:36

righi wrote:
rs3100 wrote:At the risk of stating the obvious, change it back to the previous setting and proxy align again!

it only fixes it if I keep radionav and B&M plugged in, but the purpose is to change the radio
Then there is a configuration mismatch between the vehicle and the radio, or the radio is not compatible with your vehicle.

righi

Post by righi » 16 Jul 2018, 01:39

rs3100 wrote:
righi wrote:

Then there is a configuration mismatch between the vehicle and the radio, or the radio is not compatible with your vehicle.
the purpose of aligning in the first place isnt to stop the blinking odometer after installing ANY aftermaket radio?

rs3100

Post by rs3100 » 16 Jul 2018, 08:09

righi wrote:the purpose of aligning in the first place isnt to stop the blinking odometer after installing ANY aftermaket radio?
No, it is to copy the configuration of the vehicle as defined in the Body Control Module to other ECUs on the vehicle that need the information for correct operation of the vehicle network. A blinking odometer means that the configuration stored in the BCM doesn't match the actual state of the vehicle as detected by the BCM at ignition on. It can be because an ECU is missing or disconnected, there is a communication problem with an ECU, an ECU has been replaced with an incompatible version, a compatible ECU has been replaced but the proxy alignment procedure has not been carried out, or an incorrect proxy file has been written to the BCM.

MES allows you to rewrite the configuration of the proxy file, but if it isn't compatible with the configuration of the vehicle, either the settings you have changed in the proxy file are wrong for the radio that you have fitted, or the radio itself is not compatible with the vehicle.