500 CONVERTIBLE supported ? New Roof Control Unit no proxyalignement ?

General messages
fxiat500

500 CONVERTIBLE supported ? New Roof Control Unit no proxyalignement ?

Post by fxiat500 » 19 Nov 2017, 10:39

Bonjourno,

My softop is working again with a new roof ecu (new but old stock to go along with my 2009 500c, all the softop motorisation change in 2011= 1500€ if you roof ecu brake up and you don't find an old stock).

My boot/trunk/tailgate is now the problem:
- It stop working from time to time when we first disconnect and reconnect the previous roof ecu for testing.
- After a while it did'nt work anymore with the previous roof ecu
- With the new roof ecu it's also not working
- In MES both boot switch on the tail gate and remote controle work. But the execute function for the boot opening fail. Something avoid boot opening.
- error code where u0207 rcu (roof control unit) and B1087 Lin2 break. Both are explain in C manual, the first could have been the dead of the roof ecu and the second when I disconnected the roof ecu.

Solutions:
1°- proxy alignment is not there for roof control unit.Furthermore I read in the manual it's not can bus but Line connect to BCM. It could explain why nothing is wrong in MES proxy alignment. Still I don't find the option in BCM menu... Mine is 500c 1.4 16v NOT Albarth. Do I have to select 500 albarth (maybe then 595) to see the roof control unit ?

2° before testing roof ecu I look at the boot wiring, doing so maybe I hurt some wire. In MES I see if boot is open or close and press on the opening switch. Is everything digital on the same wiring for the boot function ? I could rule out the wiring then.