Alfa Romeo Guilietta QV

General messages
Declan898

Alfa Romeo Guilietta QV

Post by Declan898 » 07 Aug 2017, 21:04

Hi guys,

Sorry to trouble, I'm certain this has been asked several times already, but can someone point me in the correct direction regarding self service to the above car. Both my father and i can service the car ourselves - change oil, filters, break pads etc. I just need someone to educate me as to how i go about resetting the 'change engine oil' message (and anything else), that continually flashes up on my dash every time i start the car. I understand that i need some sort of connector (bought from this site), but i really don't know how it all works.... Again, I'm sorry - excuse my naivety, it's the first time i've ever had to do this and could REALLY use a steer/some guidance.

Thanks a million!! :D
Declan

Alba99

Re: Alfa Romeo Guilietta QV

Post by Alba99 » 20 Aug 2017, 11:38

I have a 2015 GQV and have had the same message and flashing oil can at 20K miles, but had already changed the oil & filter at 18k (for the 2nd time).

MES does not support the 2014/15 1705tbi 940B2000 ecu yet, BUT you can still clear the message.
  • Choose Guilietta 1750tbi from the vehicle list.
    Next choose the engine from the list of ecus.
    Click connect or press F10.
    Ignore the 'incorrect iso code' warning by clicking on 'y''.
    Now press F7 - Adjustments
    Finally choose the oil change option and execute it by pressing F10
    Now press F11 to disconnect and wait 30 seconds then switch off but leave key in.
    Wait a further 30secs and then switch on again. The message will not return and nor will the flashing oil can.
I did mine 3 weeks ago and have done 1.5k miles with no return or other side effects.

DO NOT RESET ANYTHING ELSE.
Ian

(the 30second waits may not be necessary but I did them - does no harm to be patient!)