Missing menus from TFT display - Abarth 500

General messages
nufan0000

Re: Missing menus from TFT display - Abarth 500

Post by nufan0000 » 27 Apr 2017, 16:49

Can anyone get Yani to help us out? I think we are very close to solving this issue and probably able to disable uconnect and make the cluster read the menu. Cause I suspect that the menu are built in each one, it doesn't make sense for Fiat to control two different part number. For the US, it was only one part number that was shared between uconnect and blue and me.

nufan0000

Post by nufan0000 » 27 Apr 2017, 16:55

alex-et3 wrote:
nufan0000 wrote:wow my 1.4l fiat 500 USDM looks so different. Does anyone know how to decode this ? Here is mineIMG_9116(1).JPG
The only one that could decode the proxy code is Yani.

Alex if you have it in the work bench, do you want to use my custom alignment and let me know if it did the same where it lose all the menu? Please let me know if you can try it. I was hoping that we can solve this. I don't want to use your code onto my car cause it is the only car I have. if I have a work bench I would try it just to see .

alex-et3

Post by alex-et3 » 27 Apr 2017, 17:23

nufan0000 wrote:
alex-et3 wrote:
nufan0000 wrote:wow my 1.4l fiat 500 USDM looks so different. Does anyone know how to decode this ? Here is mineIMG_9116(1).JPG
The only one that could decode the proxy code is Yani.

Alex if you have it in the work bench, do you want to use my custom alignment and let me know if it did the same where it lose all the menu? Please let me know if you can try it. I was hoping that we can solve this. I don't want to use your code onto my car cause it is the only car I have. if I have a work bench I would try it just to see .
Later I try and see what happens, but keep in mind that European body computers and tfts are different from US models.

snowbound_sonic

Post by snowbound_sonic » 27 Apr 2017, 18:03

I've sent a message to Yani asking if he can shed some light on the definition of each Custom Proxi data byte.

I appreciate he's probably very busy but there does seem to be a demand for it and numerous members would be if it from it.

nufan0000

Post by nufan0000 » 27 Apr 2017, 18:12

et me know Alex, and ya we should get Yani to decode! This will solve our issue right now with this.

alex-et3

Post by alex-et3 » 27 Apr 2017, 19:44

snowbound_sonic wrote:I've sent a message to Yani asking if he can shed some light on the definition of each Custom Proxi data byte.

I appreciate he's probably very busy but there does seem to be a demand for it and numerous members would be if it from it.
I think he will never reveal that list.
It is her secret;)

alex-et3

Post by alex-et3 » 27 Apr 2017, 19:53

nufan0000 wrote:et me know Alex, and ya we should get Yani to decode! This will solve our issue right now with this.
Just do the test with your proxy code!
After the alignment in the TFT appeared the blue logo and me, the symbol of the automatic gearbox and the menu remained big.
But I have a European tft.

I've got to do tests with new European tfts, never assembled or configured, so they're virgins.
Despite this, the restyling tfts have the small menu while the prerestyling ones have the big menu.
So the European tfts are different at the software and the menu does not change with the proxy alignment.

snowbound_sonic

Post by snowbound_sonic » 27 Apr 2017, 20:09

alex-et3 wrote:
snowbound_sonic wrote:I've sent a message to Yani asking if he can shed some light on the definition of each Custom Proxi data byte.

It is her secret;)
I think you're right - it's like the Holy Grail! ;)

alex-et3

Post by alex-et3 » 27 Apr 2017, 20:13

snowbound_sonic wrote:
alex-et3 wrote:

It is her secret;)
I think you're right - it's like the Holy Grail! ;)
Exact!;)

nufan0000

Post by nufan0000 » 27 Apr 2017, 20:27

alex-et3 wrote:
nufan0000 wrote:et me know Alex, and ya we should get Yani to decode! This will solve our issue right now with this.
Just do the test with your proxy code!
After the alignment in the TFT appeared the blue logo and me, the symbol of the automatic gearbox and the menu remained big.
But I have a European tft.

I've got to do tests with new European tfts, never assembled or configured, so they're virgins.
Despite this, the restyling tfts have the small menu while the prerestyling ones have the big menu.
So the European tfts are different at the software and the menu does not change with the proxy alignment.

So did that means that the code I gave to you work with your? I am thinking that the code on my was from standard speedometer as my car didn't come stock with the TFT.