Missing menus from TFT display - Abarth 500

General messages
alex-et3

Re: Missing menus from TFT display - Abarth 500

Post by alex-et3 » 25 Apr 2017, 21:12

snowbound_sonic wrote:So if I plug a Uconnect into my car into the standard A/B/C ISO audio/power connector, I would be able to set the date/time?
Yes, but the ISO connector on your radio is different.
You could connect it to the OBD socket.
The important thing is to connect + 12v; -12v and CAN network

Look, I connect them to the test bench:

alex-et3

Post by alex-et3 » 25 Apr 2017, 21:14

snowbound_sonic wrote:The first picture is how the graphics were when I received the TFT and plugged it in (car missing from the 'road').
The second picture is after I changed the byte in the Custom Proxy editor in MES (with G=meter).
Which byte you changed in the proxy?

snowbound_sonic

Post by snowbound_sonic » 25 Apr 2017, 22:49

I changed byte 65 from 00 to 60.

Can you draw a wiring diagram for how you connected the components on the bench and also how it can be done via OBD please? I'm interested to try this :)

alex-et3

Post by alex-et3 » 26 Apr 2017, 10:54

snowbound_sonic wrote:I changed byte 65 from 00 to 60.

Can you draw a wiring diagram for how you connected the components on the bench and also how it can be done via OBD please? I'm interested to try this :)
Perfect,thanks!

If you want to connect an Uconnect to your car to adjust the date and time of the TFT you need to connect it as follows:

Uconnect 5 inches touch pin out:
-PIN 44......... + 12V
-PIN 43......... - 12v
-PIN 12......... CAN A (connect to pin 9 of the EOBD socket)
-PIN 2........... CAN B (connect to pin 1 of the EOBD socket)

By connecting the Uconnect this way you can adjust the date and time, units of measurement and DRL lights.
Done what you can disconnect the uconnect.

PS:If we lived near I would lend a Uconnect to make this adjustment.

snowbound_sonic

Post by snowbound_sonic » 26 Apr 2017, 20:29

Thank you for the info :D

Will the menus appear on the speedo while the Connect is plugged in or are the settings made on the Uconnect?

It's very kind for offering to lend a Connect. Unfortunately for me I'm in the UK. Thank you anyway though.

Can you just clarify though that pin 12 and 2 go directly into the OBD port where the ELM327 would normally plug in to?

alex-et3

Post by alex-et3 » 26 Apr 2017, 20:36

snowbound_sonic wrote:Thank you for the info :D

Will the menus appear on the speedo while the Connect is plugged in or are the settings made on the Uconnect?

It's very kind for offering to lend a Connect. Unfortunately for me I'm in the UK. Thank you anyway though.

Can you just clarify though that pin 12 and 2 go directly into the OBD port where the ELM327 would normally plug in to?
-The tft menu remains small, you can make those settings from the uconnect menu

Yes,into the OBD port

NYC Eng

Post by NYC Eng » 26 Apr 2017, 20:37

If someone with a stock TFT gave you a screen shot of their Abarth's custom proxy information, would that help? Then you know which byte information you need entered.

I give you guys a lot of credit for doing this. I would love to see you get it all figured out..

alex-et3

Post by alex-et3 » 26 Apr 2017, 20:54

NYC Eng wrote:If someone with a stock TFT gave you a screen shot of their Abarth's custom proxy information, would that help? Then you know which byte information you need entered.

I give you guys a lot of credit for doing this. I would love to see you get it all figured out..
You mean change graphics on the fiat 500 normal and make it as the Abarth?
Or simply make it "sporty" like on the Fiat 500 Sport?

snowbound_sonic

Post by snowbound_sonic » 26 Apr 2017, 21:04

If anyone can do a screenshot of the standard Abarth TFT custom proxi data, that'd be great!

Has anyone come across a definition of what each byte represents in the custom proxi data? All I know so far is that byte 65 is the graphics theme.

nufan0000

Post by nufan0000 » 26 Apr 2017, 21:06

The USA speedometer TFT were the same from 2015+. They all use the latest on our. I need a custom proxi alignment from a 2015 USA POP or lounge, so I can compare it to mine. Cause like I said, the time and etc was showing! Until I did a custom proxy alignment to sport on my pop. The sport gave me a G gauge while the Pop didn't give me anything so I left it as sport. But then I lost everything in the menu. if it is possible please let me know. I m going to try to get my hand on a uconnect unit also.