How to identify the ECU?

General messages
Jojjo

How to identify the ECU?

Post by Jojjo » 15 Mar 2010, 17:48

How do I identify my ECU before connecting.

I tried to connect to the ECU (somthing like "Bosch ASR") since I've got ASR in my Stilo.

All kind of warnings (lights and messages and ding-ding-dings) came up on the dash, even ESP failure - which I don't have... :D Is it OK to test any ECU connection without doing any damage?

I presume I chose the wrong ECU. :lol:

And how do I donate?
Alfa Romeo GT 3.2. Ex: Ritmo Abarth 130TC. Ex: Uno 1.1 ieS. Ex: Stilo 1.6.

yani
Site Admin

Re: How to identify the ECU?

Post by yani » 16 Mar 2010, 13:48

Hi,
How do I identify my ECU before connecting.
If you don't get the "INCORRECT ISO CODE.." message then you have selected the correct ECU.
All kind of warnings (lights and messages and ding-ding-dings) came up on the dash, even ESP failure - which I don't have... Is it OK to test any ECU connection without doing any damage?
It is normal to receive ABS errors on the dashboard after connecting to the abs ECU. It happens on all Stilos.
You will also get EPS error when you connect to the EPS. That's also normal.
And how do I donate?
Just click on the "Donate" button on http://www.multiecuscan.net . It will take you to PayPal and there you can donate using PayPal account or credit card.

Yani

Jojjo

Re: How to identify the ECU?

Post by Jojjo » 16 Mar 2010, 18:13

yani wrote:If you don't get the "INCORRECT ISO CODE.." message then you have selected the correct ECU.
Well, I didn't so I chose correctly then. :) So it doesn't do any harm chosing the wrong one. It just doesn't connect at all? I made a 4 pin dip switch and turned 3 of the switches to "on" position except the airbag as I already had tested - and found the fault.
It is normal to receive ABS errors on the dashboard after connecting to the abs ECU. It happens on all Stilos. You will also get EPS error when you connect to the EPS. That's also normal.
OK. Now I understand. It was propably EPS as you state, not ESP as I though (which I don't have). Will have a new go then. I am so aware of airbag ding-ding-dings that I almost get heart attacks when something new dings.
Just click on the "Donate" button on http://www.multiecuscan.net . It will take you to PayPal and there you can donate using PayPal account or credit card.
Ah... there it was. Didn't find it. Thanks.

Regards, Morten.
Alfa Romeo GT 3.2. Ex: Ritmo Abarth 130TC. Ex: Uno 1.1 ieS. Ex: Stilo 1.6.