Calibrate injectors, Do i need the 230euro Register ?

General messages
DribblyBob

Calibrate injectors, Do i need the 230euro Register ?

Post by DribblyBob » 03 Jan 2017, 19:55

I bought a 159 which needs 4 new injectors because the previous owner tried fixing it's broken cam belt and distroyed the injectors trying to remove them then gave up on the whole thing.
Ive fixed everything and the engine is back together so I'm looking a buying 4 injectors which need to be calibrated but which leads and multiscan do i need ?
And ..
If someone could talk me through it then that would be superb ...
Last edited by DribblyBob on 20 Jan 2017, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

s130

Re: What do i need to calibrate injectors

Post by s130 » 03 Jan 2017, 21:44

Alfa 159 2.0 MJet? , I believe, just requires a straight forward KKL or EML interface and no adaptor cables (see http://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx)

Your new injectors will have a code on them. This code defines their fuel delivery profile. When you connect to the engine ECU you need to go to the Adjusmtments/F7 Tab.

Here you can enter the injector codes:

Supporting MES text is: Injector classification with IMA method (Injector Quantity Adjustment) is a procedure that aims at improving motoring performance and the emissions by combining the structural characteristic of each injector with the control software strategy inside the engine control unit.
The characteristics of each injector are identified by a series of 9 alphanumeric characters stamped on the injector body while still in the BOSCH Factory.
NOTE: Injector classification can only be performed with the engine off.
WARNING: When finished entering the code ALWAYS check the value reported in Parameters section. If the code is entered/stored incorrectly, repeat the procedure.

NOTE!!! Before attempting the above procedure go to the Parameters/F4 Tab. Here you can read each of the Inject Codes. It may be that they are already correct in which case you do not need to recode them.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

DribblyBob

Post by DribblyBob » 04 Jan 2017, 09:48

Firstly manky thanks for the reply ..

The car in question is the 1.9 jtdm on a 06 plate

So which version of Multiscan do i need ? Can it be done with the free version ?

s130

Post by s130 » 04 Jan 2017, 11:27

Looking at the Supported Vehicles List: (http://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx) then it looks like you are lucky in that the Engine ECU does appear to be supported by the free version of MES as you have the Bosch EDC16C39 CF4/EOBD Diesel Injection ECU.

All other vehicles modules/nodes require a License.

DribblyBob

Post by DribblyBob » 04 Jan 2017, 12:28

I'm not bad with spanners and mending things but computers and their workings at my age is , I'm embarrassed to say above me so again Many Many thanks for the help.
I'll get the lead ordered and have a go at getting the injectors installed but needless to say I'll probably be back.
Thank You.

DribblyBob

Post by DribblyBob » 20 Jan 2017, 17:11

Christ almighty i give up on this ..
I had it connected to the ecu for about 2 seconds but then went off and after a week of trying it wont reconnect ..
I plug the computer to the car via a KKL cable and the light on the cable illuminates , turn on the ignition and then scan for an interface and i just get" Please connect the interface to a car ect, ect "
I not sure if the computers at fault of something died within the car .. Can that happen ?
I even bought a eml cable which had been recommended on a Alfa site used by others with no problems but it's not working for me ..

s130

Post by s130 » 20 Jan 2017, 17:39

You have installed the cable/interface driver?

MES is just the program. Each interface requires the appropriate driver to be installed.

DribblyBob

Post by DribblyBob » 20 Jan 2017, 17:55

Yes the drivers are installed and are working properly ... i installed the drivers on the disc which came with hte cable and Installed drivers from the FTDI site

If i go into setting and scan i get this message

***Please connect the interface to a car!
Scanning ...

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
COMPLETED ***

If i go into settings > Interface and select k-line/vagcom OR ANY other Interface types i get COM3 denied

s130

Post by s130 » 20 Jan 2017, 19:30

In the MES program directory there will be some log files. Do they shed/give tell you anything?

You may have to Email MES support and they may ask for these files.

DribblyBob

Post by DribblyBob » 20 Jan 2017, 20:54

It only bloody Works !

Ive borrowed a newer laptop and Ive got it connected to the ECU but sadly, I cant calibrate the injectors on the free version, still least it's working and i can finally get the car going.

Do i have to pay the 230 euro to register or can i get away with the 50 euro ?