CANtieCAR important firmware update

General messages
yani
Site Admin

CANtieCAR important firmware update

Post by yani » 07 Nov 2016, 19:14

Recently we fixed a bug in the CANtieCAR firmware which affects ALL CAN protocols. The bug affects all versions of CANtieCAR - v2.x, v3.x, v4.x.
We recommend all interfaces to be updated to the latest firmware.

Here is the correct procedure for updating the CANtieCAR firmware:

For all CANtieCAR v4.x interfaces:
1. Download the latest CANtieCAR firmware from http://tiecar.net/CANtieCAR4_Firmware_RC and extract the firmware file from the archive (it should be CANtieCAR4_RC_BW04000204_FW04000446.rfw)
2. Connect the CANtieCAR interface to the USB port of the computer (only to the computer and not to car)
3. Open the flash drive of the CANtieCAR and execute the CANtieCAR Configurator program (it is named CANtieCAR.EXE)
4. Select the correct COM port from the drop-down list of ports and click “Search” (the program will show information about the connected interface)
5. Now select “Update” on top (the program will show the CANtieCAR firmware update options)
6. Click the “…” button and select the file with new firmware (CANtieCAR4_RC_BW04000204_FW04000446.rfw)
7. Click “Run” and wait till the update process finishes and lights on the interface stop to flash (it is less than a minute)
8. Now select “Settings” on top and then click the “Search” button again (the “Firmware” number on bottom should change to 4.0.0446)
9. In the table of modes double-click on “MultiECUScan (FiatECUScan v3.4+)”
10. Close this program…

For all CANtieCAR v3.x interfaces:
1. Download the latest CANtieCAR firmware from http://tiecar.net/CANtieCAR3_Firmware_RC and extract the firmware file from the archive (it should be CANtieCAR3_RC_BW03000116_FW03002100.rfw)
2. Connect the CANtieCAR interface to the USB port of the computer (only to the computer and not to car)
3. Open the flash drive of the CANtieCAR and execute the CANtieCAR Configurator program (it is named CANtieCAR.EXE)
4. Select the correct COM port from the drop-down list of ports and click “Search” (the program will show information about the connected interface)
5. Now select “Update” on top (the program will show the CANtieCAR firmware update options)
6. Click the “…” button and select the file with new firmware (CANtieCAR3_RC_BW03000116_FW03002100.rfw)
7. Click “Run” and wait till the update process finishes and lights on the interface stop to flash (it is less than a minute)
8. Now select “Settings” on top and then click the “Search” button again (the “Firmware” number on bottom should change to 3.0.2100)
10. Close this program…

For all CANtieCAR v2.x interfaces:
1. Download the latest CANtieCAR firmware from http://tiecar.net/CANtieCAR2_Firmware_RC and extract the firmware file from the archive (it should be CANtieCAR2_RC_BW02021050_FW02023672.rfw)
6. Click the “…” button and select the file with new firmware (CANtieCAR2_RC_BW02021050_FW02023672.rfw)
8. Now select “Settings” on top and then click the “Search” button again (the “Firmware” number on bottom should change to 2.0.3672)
10. Close this program…

autoalfa

Re: CANtieCAR important firmware update

Post by autoalfa » 20 Nov 2016, 17:33

when its time to press the run button the button its shaded....

autoalfa

Post by autoalfa » 20 Nov 2016, 18:17

ok i do it at least...

hercaim38

Post by hercaim38 » 13 Sep 2017, 20:28

I have made this update but I have not installed the old firmware that my device did not connect at all ?

Zeewulf

Post by Zeewulf » 24 Feb 2019, 12:39

Are these still relevant as the downloads are a lot higher numbers now compared to the ones listed i.e CANtieCAR4_RC_BW04010922_FW04010478.rfw for the V4 modules ??
Fiat Idea Eleganza 1.4 16v

MoneyFor

Post by MoneyFor » 10 Mar 2020, 10:17

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Cantiecar 4.2 , wen connected to a pc I always get the message to format, I can not acces it as before. It was working fine in
september 2019 and yesterday wen I wanted to clear some faultcodes in the car I got this message. Tried on 3 computers now, all the same problem.

Anyone have a clue what is causing this ?

Thanks

bathgleaming

Post by bathgleaming » 10 Dec 2023, 15:59

I'm experiencing an issue with my Cantiecar 4.2. Whenever I connect it to a PC, I consistently receive a message prompting me to format the device, restricting my access compared to the functionality I had before. It was operating seamlessly back in September 2019, but yesterday, when attempting to clear some fault codes in the car, I encountered this formatting message. I've attempted the connection on three different computers, and unfortunately, all of them present the same problem.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue or have insights into what might be causing this unexpected behavior? Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.