Fiat Stilo rear doors won't open

General messages
mnyeste

Fiat Stilo rear doors won't open

Post by mnyeste » 30 Sep 2015, 17:40

Hi,

I have a 2002 Fiat Stilo 1.2 with stuck rear doors.

The central locking is working on front doors and boot - however the rear door deadlock or latch motor doesn't seem to work (no noise of operation or jamming noise from inside the door)

I can activate both front doors and boot lock from MES (latter from Body controller Marelli)

I see Boot/Rear doors ECU in the list, but neither the scan finds it neither I can connect to it manually. I see it has an actuator option to operate deadlock and open/close the rear doors.

Is the ECU supposed to be there? Does it happen it is faulty and thus I can't connect to it?

Any idea appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Mihaly

mnyeste

Re: Fiat Stilo rear doors won't open

Post by mnyeste » 10 Oct 2015, 20:37

I'm answering my question.

Based on the wiring diagram, I found a control module under the rear seat - in the condition can be seen on the pictures. Actually it was under the water - because the owner stuck with the car during a heavy rain. Found a replacement (part number 51711373) - and it is working like new now.
20151010_214916.jpg
20151010_214916.jpg (51.83 KiB) Viewed 4124 times
Regarding the ECU question. This car has no power windows on the rear. The module I found seems to be a dumb relay unit - controlled from the passenger door ECU.

However the wiring diagram shows CAN connection, the pins are not connected on the PCB.
fiat_stilo_central_schematics.png
fiat_stilo_central_schematics.png (25.29 KiB) Viewed 4124 times
I suppose the version with power window should be really an ECU.

Mihaly

alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 23 Oct 2015, 19:20

Thanks!!! ;)
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

blbl

Post by blbl » 06 Aug 2021, 10:06

Hi,
on friend's stilo there was a problem similar to yours except it was most likely caused by a short on the right rear door wires.
I insulated the wires, replaced the controller under the back seat with another used one.
however, unfortunately the back door is still dead.
a car with manual windows in the rear.
I have a problem with reading electrical diagrams - can you tell me what I can check? where is this module powered from? what else may be wrong, what to measure / check?

I wonder if the problem is still in the door that started the problem. but can it be that, for example, the lack of contact in one door affects the other door?