expired liecence??

General messages
mick916

expired liecence??

Post by mick916 » 01 Aug 2015, 08:19

just downloaded latest multiecuscan to my laptop no problem there but it now says my liecence has expired and offering to reinstall to an earlier version or buy a new liecence? do they expire or should all new updates be free. Mick

mattydr67

Re: expired liecence??

Post by mattydr67 » 01 Aug 2015, 18:25

- The License is also valid for 1-YEAR FREE UPDATES of the multiecuscan software.
After 1 year you can continue to use the software forever, but you will not be able to update it.
The price of additional 1-YEAR updates is the same as the regular REGISTERED License price (50 EUR).

Check if you have the license for more then an year. If not conatct Mr. Yani
Good luck

tzok

Post by tzok » 03 Aug 2015, 18:32

Actually there is a small issue with the licences. At the beginning the FIAT ECU Scan had a lifetime license, which is still valid for Multi ECU Scan unless you move the license to another computer. In this case it will expire after a year since re-activating it on a new PC :(

misaeru

Post by misaeru » 04 Aug 2015, 00:15

I saw no release of the new version 2.6. I believe that this is only update for this purpose, show that expriraram licenses. It happened to me too.

mick916

Post by mick916 » 04 Aug 2015, 12:41

Hi Thanks for info yes i was a Fiat ecu scan customer with as i thought a lifetime contract! and yes original laptop died as they do so transfered to new laptop did not get any notification that when you transfer to another laptop you would lose your contract after 12 months? now feel a little bit ripped off , as only use once a flood on my 2000 reg alfa 146 2.0ts which just happens to be the only one where engine ecu not supported free!
mick.

tzok

Post by tzok » 04 Aug 2015, 13:46

You may use it lifetime, but have no right for upgrades.

s130

Post by s130 » 05 Aug 2015, 11:03

To my knowledge if you were a registered FiatECUScan user and upgraded to MES then your license is lifetime *including* updates.

I've never seen or recall anything about the lifetime including updates being limited to the original PC hardware.

I used to run FES on my laptop (Windows Vista) and transferred to a new Windows 8.1 tablet back in October 2014 and have had no issues since.

I've not installed MES 2.6 yet but intend doing so.

I suggest you Email MES support as it looks to me as though this is a licensing bug.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

tzok

Post by tzok » 05 Aug 2015, 11:20

I had a total of 4 FES licenses (1 I've bought, and 3 I had from promo-codes). The one I've bought is still valid for updates, 1st from promo-code used to be lifetime, but since moving license to another laptop it became 1-year license and now is no longer valid. Remaining 2 promo-codes were activated after changing the rules and they were activated as a 1-year licenses :( Of course as a co-developer (translator) I'd probably get a new free promo-code from Yani, but the protection method is easy to break... so I still use my only remaining lifetime license (on a laptop for car diagnostics and on a PC for translation development). Hope Yani won't ban me for this ;) Some time ago I've mentioned to him how I've managed to use one license on multiple PCs.

I also find this a little unfair, but it could be worse. Actually lifetime licenses were for FES, FES is no longer updated. All the licenses that were migrated from FES to MES could be 1-year since migration but thankfully they are not, at least until they are moved to another PC (of rather another HDD ;) ).

s130

Post by s130 » 06 Aug 2015, 13:40

Interesting.

I guess I'll find out for sure in a couple of months :?:

I think Yani is a pretty fair guy so I doubt he will get to upset at those who help him.

Meanwhile hopefully when he reads this post he'll find a little time to clarify the FES to MES lifetime licensing rules. I'm pretty sure he granted this FES to MES lifetime deal as a thank you for all those who supported his early development and testing of FES. Since those days the reputation and usage of MES has soared and so it should because at 50 euros it is a great product. AlfaOBD is the only other worthy competitor.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

glennuk

Post by glennuk » 03 Jan 2021, 15:07

If you have a Apple iso version apparently it stops working altogether after 1 year according to the email they sent me this morning which I personally think is crap considering it costs more in the first place