license expired

General messages
leo2

license expired

Post by leo2 » 11 Feb 2015, 10:42

Hello,
i have updated to new version.Now I get a window that says my license has expired and I can remount former version or should buy new license.
Wasn't it a lifetime license with upgrade opportunity?

MfG
Leo2

s130

Re: license expired

Post by s130 » 12 Feb 2015, 21:38

I don't remeber te exact date and version info so please accept this "as offered" and not a definitive statement of fact. However what I post is basically true and a little extra research on your part should confirm the facts/detrails.

1) Original FiatECUScan up to V1.6 was free
2) Post FiatECUScan 1.6 you could buy a license which was "Lifetime" (for both the then FiatECUScan and the follow-on MultiECUScan product
3) When MultiECUScan emerged it had both Free and Licensed capability
4) With MultiECUScan a paid for lincense was/is "360 days" for your realease and upgrades and "lifetime" for the last release you received during your years paid license.

Please note! I'm not sure what happens in this scenario:

a)You buy MES at Vx.y
b)You update to MES Vx.z within you 365 day period
c)After 365 days you install MES Vy.a

I'm thinking that by doing step C you will become unregistered/free and to return to registered/full you will have to uninstall MESVy.a and reinstall Vx.y or preferably Vx.z

An important point WITH ALL software purchase/web downloads/etc IS TO ALWAYS SAVE AND BACKUP your original download file. Thankfully the MES website has links to and supports the download of past versions of the software so if you don'y have a backup of the licensed software you purchased then you can download that version again and your registration data should work OK. If not contact MES Support.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus