Grande Punto steering wheel controls

General messages
iceman999

Grande Punto steering wheel controls

Post by iceman999 » 30 Jun 2014, 08:51

Hello.
My GF has 2007 Grande Punto, which she bought with aftermarket radio. It has a steering wheel controls, but they didn't work with aftermarket radio. Now I bought and installed used original Grundig radio, which works fine (just had to reconnect CAN bus lines, get code from eeprom... Lots of work... ;)). How can I make wheel controls work? I already tried to unplug the battery, but that didn't work. I tried to execute the proxy alignment with MES, but failed, cause dashboard node was out of reach :shock:. What is that? I guess that wheel controls are connected directly to body computers, since there is no connector on the radio. So the communication runs through the CAN network, right? In CAN info the wheel controls are not active :?

Please help.
Regards. ;)

alfa156sarajevo

Re: Grande Punto steering wheel controls

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 02 Jul 2014, 19:44

Did you try to see which options do you have in setting of Body Computer and PROXY?
Sometimes you need to see all the list there, select the thing you want and click "enable" or "disable", depends of what do you want to do.
And than lather execute PROXY.

I would send you a photos but I have problem with MES...
I can not open it...
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

tzok

Re: Grande Punto steering wheel controls

Post by tzok » 04 Jul 2014, 09:03

You need to have configured the NRR node (radio), and possibly the NVO node (steering wheel controls) in the CAN Setup.