Airbag connector FIAT BRAVA

General messages
alex_rt

Airbag connector FIAT BRAVA

Post by alex_rt » 11 Jan 2013, 17:15

Hello,

Does anyone know where exactly is the airbag connector in Fiat Brava.
I found information that says that it should be under the glovebox, so I found a connector which is with black colour (black lid or cap) and has 3 wires with colours- green, black, white-brown.

I did connect my Vag-Com cable but nothing happened, even the blue light did not came on. After that I supplied with voltage the vag-com cable from the lighter of the car, I tried to connect to the airbag Ecu but I could not.

After that I found information that there are two 3 pin connectors- one for the airconditioner and other for airbag.
May be I did not see the connector or maybe I have not set up properly my settings of the computer. With the same cable and settings I connect with no problem to the main ecu of the car.
Please note that I do not know the version of the vag-com cable I use .

What is my mistake, what I am not doing right. Please help.

Thank you in advance !

The car is BRAVA 1,6 year:1999 SX

Regards,

Alex

Aron96

Re: Airbag connector FIAT BRAVA

Post by Aron96 » 12 Jan 2013, 06:22

Hello ale rt, the connector you are looking for and close to where you already looked at and has a tape on the wiring of yellow, so looks good that you find it, in any case, look at the list and compatible cars

http://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx

alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 13 Jan 2013, 20:14

Yep Aron96 is right.
Look at the glove box. When you open it on the top left and on the top right corners you should have hook on each side. Turn hooks off, put the top cover down and in the top left corner it should be yellow cable with 3 pin black connector.

Your car is compatible with MES.
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

paikas

Post by paikas » 14 Jan 2013, 09:53

the airbag connector is on the lefthand side of the clove compartment top when the cover is remowed you can not see it, but if you are figeling with your fingers in that side top then you can feel it it's pluged in to a blind connector that haes no wires from it. On 97y brava was it there.