Grande Punto 1.4-8V -No Start since Accident-

General messages
Mostolino

Grande Punto 1.4-8V -No Start since Accident-

Post by Mostolino » 05 Dec 2012, 12:53

Hello Members,

I got a 2007 Fiat Punto 1.4 8V which had a light accident to the rear. Now the car won't start since Fuel Pump is not working and the right marker lights were flashing with ignition on. I know that the Electronic Fuse has opened and need to be reinitialized. It should work somehow with the hazard direction switch.
Is someone in here who can post a manual how this can be done on the road without Multiecuscan? It is hard to push the car aside alone.
And also need to know where it can be found in Multiecuscan? Guess i have to buy thicker glasses. :geek:
Thanks for any advice!
Last edited by Mostolino on 05 Dec 2012, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

dimitar_ak

Re: Grande Punto 1.4-8V -No Start since Accident- U0427

Post by dimitar_ak » 05 Dec 2012, 13:39

Did you pushed the inertial cut-off switch under the dashboard?

Mostolino

Post by Mostolino » 05 Dec 2012, 13:49

There is nothing to push. It must somehow be done electronicaly. I checked also the A-Pillar, Seat side and below. The FIS is under the dashboard but nothing to push... I know that a lot of Fiat's have these problems and i have seen someone who did it with the direction switch. I tried, but am doing something wrong. When flashing right, i am pushing the direction switch five times to right, the the flashing lights start over to flash left. So the same to the left , but if i am switching ignition off and on, then it is flashing right again. Seems that the procedure is not completed. So i need instructions on how to do this procedure right?

dimitar_ak

Post by dimitar_ak » 05 Dec 2012, 14:10

Well, error U0427 means "Invalid Data Received From Vehicle Security Control Module". You can start the engine entering the code from the code card.

Mostolino

Post by Mostolino » 05 Dec 2012, 14:24

Yes. I did already, but Fuel Pump is still without Voltage... All Fuses were good (Measured), also the relays. I am for eLearn or Wiring, but it is all in Italian language. Anyway thanks for your replies!

Edit:
I found it with Multiecuscan! :!:
Fiat -> Grande Punto 1.4 8V -> Bodycomputer -> Delphi(3) -> Adjustments -> Rearm Inertia Switch (FIS) :D

BUT: I need the instructions to do it on the road with the flash direction switch without Diagnostic Device. I have seen a lot of newer Fiat Cars on the road that been flashing and could not be driven because of no power at the fuel pump. I asked also a friend of a friend that lasts..., but if i have this information i will let you know how to do.
Last edited by Mostolino on 05 Dec 2012, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

Mostolino

Re: Grande Punto 1.4-8V -No Start since Accident-

Post by Mostolino » 05 Dec 2012, 14:43

Very useful!!! Thanks a lot. Will see what they write about. Have a nice time!

tzok

Post by tzok » 05 Dec 2012, 15:47

Alternative method to rearm Electronic Inertia Switch (or FPS - Fire Prevention System) without FES/MES is as follows:
* turn ignition key to MAR;
* turn on right turn signal;
* turn off right turn signal;
* turn on left turn signal;
* turn off left turn signal;
* turn on right turn signal;
* turn off right turn signal;
* turn on left turn signal;
* turn off left turn signal;
* turn ignition key to STOP.

In short: IS: MAR, TS: right, TS: left, TS: right, TS: left, TS: off, IS: STOP.

If wiring harness between the ECU and the BCM is damaged in the accident the above procedure won't work. Also remember that since MY08 Crash Data is also stored in the ECU.

Mostolino

Post by Mostolino » 05 Dec 2012, 16:17

That is for what i have been looking for!
My fault was that i did not do right/left twice... :oops: , so i did not work for me as i tried it.
I was also informed to not to do it too fast, to make it work. Seems that the newer series has this kind of silly protection.
Thanks guys, you are very helpful :!: :!: :!: Cheers! ;)