BIG TIME HELP

General messages
ronny85

BIG TIME HELP

Post by ronny85 » 12 Aug 2012, 19:21

Hello
I have bought this modified cable from http://www.idiagnostics.co.uk/ (1 x ODB2 USB Diagnostic Lead KKL VAG COM (MODIFIED)
And i saw today that there was a cable with name (1 x ODB2 USB Diagnostic Lead KKL VAG COM (WITH SWITCH)
)The dealer told me there is no differrence, but what do you guys and girls mean. Plz help me FAST! Because i have booked this ODB2 USB Diagnostic Lead KKL VAG COM (MODIFIED)
Plz

alfa156sarajevo

Re: BIG TIME HELP

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 12 Aug 2012, 22:21

As I can see them from the photos and details they are the same and they have same support so no worries... ;)
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

ronny85

Post by ronny85 » 12 Aug 2012, 22:27

But do you think that i can use it, u know one have switch and the other one has no swith. Do you think it gonna be a problem

alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 12 Aug 2012, 22:45

I do not think that should be a problem... Just do not play with airbag system too much… it is sensitive.
I have been using one which was already modified and did not have any problems for 2 years. After that interface just died. They are all made in China, so there is no big difference between them.

But if it is going to make you happy and you can change your order and get one with the switch then ask seller to provide you one with the switch.

Just keep in mind that on some cars it is not possible to change position on the switch when interface is plugged in. You need to unplug the interface, then need to change position on the switch, then to plug it again and connect MES 1.0.

ronny85

Post by ronny85 » 17 Aug 2012, 20:58

Hi that cable work like a champ. it takes airbag ecu and abs all what i need.
But can i also use vagcom with theese cable? Any expirence, or will it brinck my cable
And my program is disconnecting, and there is writting letency to high

alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 18 Aug 2012, 19:54

ronny85 wrote:But can i also use vagcom with theese cable?
It should work with VAG 409.1 clone software, but just keep in mind that VAG has different pins for different ECUs.
It is not same as Alfas7 Fiat/ Lancia. So if your VAG interface is already connected inside I would not advise you to test it on VAG cars.
If you bought VAG interface that has switch maybe you can try to connect to some VAG cars but please be careful. ;)