John
Picoscope 4223 - Automotive Oscilloscope
Gendan Engine Check Pro - Registered
Fiat Ecu Scan - Registered

coolbits

Re: introduction, ps im a fiat and alfa expert technician

Post by coolbits » 07 Jan 2011, 12:12

Nice :)
I would like to know what factor is used in SOI map for EDC15C7 (JTD 1.9 8V)...
and which alfa/fiat engines have their fueling values in mm3/i, which have in mg/i
If possible...

spyshagg

Post by spyshagg » 07 Jan 2011, 14:51

Hello

well, If I may, can you phantom a reason why sometimes my fiat stilo abarth odometer adds ~1.7km when I turn the key to mar?

If you do I'll be impressed as no one in Fiat Portugal could...

welcome

croydonchris

Post by croydonchris » 14 Jan 2011, 10:08

Hello John.
Please can you explain how Fiat fix the CANCHECK problem when changing a Low end Radio/Cassete for a High end Radio/CD.
There are a few of us with this issue and are hoping FES may eventally provide the answer but knowing how Fiat do it may help.
My interest is with a Panda 2004.
Thank you. Regards ~ Chris.

johnboyhgt

Post by johnboyhgt » 25 Jan 2011, 21:05

croydonchris wrote:Hello John.
Please can you explain how Fiat fix the CANCHECK problem when changing a Low end Radio/Cassete for a High end Radio/CD.
There are a few of us with this issue and are hoping FES may eventally provide the answer but knowing how Fiat do it may help.
My interest is with a Panda 2004.
Thank you. Regards ~ Chris.

Chris , the can check displayed is trying to tell you that no CAN wires are connected to the radio , these are needed for the speed signal etc
what you will have to do is fit a pair of can wires into the rear of the radio, then wire them in parallel
with say the instrument cluster (as this is closest)

In the cluster conector plug you will find either a pair of pink/black - pink/white or blue and white wires , with everyting plugged in and ignition on
connect a multimeter negative to earth and in turn measure the voltage , should be 0.5v on one wire and 4.5v on the other ,
these care can low and high respectively.

basicaly you need to tag onto those and run them to the back of the radio , which should have a pin out sticker on.

PM me for more info if needed

John

ARomeo

Post by ARomeo » 30 Jan 2011, 05:30

John,
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1874
Any suggestion?
Regards

malin

Post by malin » 22 Feb 2011, 22:54

Spyshagg
For your km problem, try to disconnect all ecus related on Km(abs,ecu, body can lines) and put the key on mar only with instrument panel first, then with ecu together , then with abs, body,.... when odometer changes , you found the computer creating the problem.

ARomeo

Post by ARomeo » 26 Feb 2011, 08:46

malin wrote:Spyshagg
For your km problem, try to disconnect all ecus related on Km(abs,ecu, body can lines) and put the key on mar only with instrument panel first, then with ecu together , then with abs, body,.... when odometer changes , you found the computer creating the problem.
Do you thing so? I Think only master reset will be with profit. But this can done only with help of Fiat service tool - Fiat examiner and ... a guy who knows how to work with it.

johnboyhgt

Post by johnboyhgt » 01 Mar 2011, 21:00

From the top please explain in your own words what you are having trouble with ?

It seems we are all going off in different directions

John

malin

Post by malin » 02 Mar 2011, 07:23

Than, find in your Portugal Fiat network a tech that is able to read a CAN registration. This is the hard way, first was simple and reliable. The second, It can be done with Examiner. The tool is able to make CAN nodes messages registration. You are lucky because the registration is only few seconds around 15 on ACC off and around 3 on ACC on. ( that means around 10000 to 15 000 messages from which you have to select those between body node( CAN gateway) and Instrument cluster node. One of this transfer messages is the odometer one.
I do believe that in fact , you face a bad cluster or a changed one ( a different generation). If the physical ID of it ,is not in the Body list, you won't be saved by a alignment procedure. And as far as I know , Fiat does not produce "general" body ( like peugeot for ex). They use to send a special factory prepared body for the that VIN.