reset MIL light, while the engine is running

General messages
juanelec

reset MIL light, while the engine is running

Post by juanelec » 20 Oct 2010, 18:17

Good afternoon to all forist.

I want to know if it would be possible to turn off the MIL light, while the engine is running at 2000 rpm.

In case afirmative, which woud be the code?

I tried with the hyperterminal the clasic code C1 33 F1 04 E9, but it only works with the engine stopped.

Thank you for your help

EnIgMa

Re: reset MIL light, while the engine is running

Post by EnIgMa » 24 Oct 2010, 15:53

why would you do that? :D

juanelec

Post by juanelec » 25 Oct 2010, 22:38

Thank you Enigma for your interest.

the problem is that when the car is running with ngv, (natural gas compressed), the last models of ECUs (since year 2010)
always detects the diference with gasoline, and at last, always turns the check lamp on, may employ some weeks but the end
of the history is: the check engine lamp "on".

So, the idea is to program a microprocessor, with the code for " turning off the MIL light", (in the J1979 protocol, that code is:

C1 33 F1 04 E9 ) (that is what a scanner sends), but just in the FIRE 1,4 engine, it only works when the engine is not running.

In my country, Argentina, there are a lot of cars running with that kind of solutions, but the fire 1.4 since 2010 is a problem.

I believe that there may be another code or procedure to access the Ecu while the engine is running, that I do not know.

That s why i am asking the forist for any information.

Thanks for your information.

EnIgMa

Post by EnIgMa » 26 Oct 2010, 09:43

Ok, i get it.
did you just try multiecuscan while the engine is running?
you said you used the hyper terminal, maybe with multiecuscan you could turn off the mil lamp on your situation.

anyway, i don't understand why you and all the other people with your MIL-problem, whould do that.
If MIL lamp turn on, it is because engine ecu detect a problem, and it has to be solved, not cheated with a microprocessor or whatever.
Usually engine ecu with MIL on, uses different parameters for the engine...so the problem is not only to turn off the light...

for example, here in italy sometime that problem happens, and usually it's noticed on first runs and always fixed before return the car to the customer.

or, is it a fuel problem in your country?