Acc pedal possition on Stilo Selespeed

General messages
tkona

Acc pedal possition on Stilo Selespeed

Post by tkona » 13 Sep 2010, 08:10

Can someone please confirm that reading the "ACC pedal possition" from the gearbox ECU on the Fiat Selespeed gives result in the 0-100% range.

I can read 0-100% from the Engine ECU, but when trying to read it from gearbox ECU, it gives 0-20.0%. (20% is achived on the same pedal position as in the engine ecu, but it stops there, and pressing the pedal further makes no difference, it stays at 20% all the way to the floor). It seems a little too "nice" number to be a hardware failure..

maxri

Re: Acc pedal possition on Stilo Selespeed

Post by maxri » 13 Sep 2010, 09:00

I have same behavior.

s130

Post by s130 » 13 Sep 2010, 17:07

Do you get the same when driving the car.

There is a difference between pedal percentage and final throttle plate percentage / ECU final demand.

When the engine is under load then the 100% - 20% may change to 100% - 50%. If this is the case then Multiecuscan on the gearbox is reading ECU thottle % demand and not pedal demand.

This would make sense as the geartbox needs to know what power/thottle setting the engine ECU is demanding and not what the driver's right foot is asking for.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

tkona

Post by tkona » 14 Sep 2010, 16:47

Dear s130,

I haven't tried that while driving. I will do so, and tell you the result.

I am trying to find out what could be the problem with the selespeed not engageing until the 2000 revs.
I was looking at the presure plate reference graph, and it goes from min 6.0mm to max 11.5mm while reving the engine, and it looks to me as the possible problem. The clutch pressure plate travel is min 2.8mm and max 7.8mm. This is all done while standing still and changing from N to 1st and 2nd. Could you check this on your gearbox if this not too much trouble?

Also, I get the 0F status code while trying to enable clutch self calibration. Do you know what this code means, since I can't find it anywhere.

tkona

Post by tkona » 14 Sep 2010, 17:00

Dear s130,

I haven't tried that while driving. I will do so, and tell you the result.

I am trying to find out what could be the problem with the selespeed not engageing until the 2000 revs.
I was looking at the presure plate reference graph, and it goes from min 6.0mm to max 11.5mm while reving the engine, and it looks to me as the possible problem. The clutch pressure plate travel is min 2.8mm and max 7.8mm. This is all done while standing still and changing from N to 1st and 2nd. Could you check this on your gearbox if this not too much trouble?

Also, I get the 0F status code while trying to enable clutch self calibration. Do you know what this code means, since I can't find it anywhere.