connection problem

General messages
stephen16

connection problem

Post by stephen16 » 06 Jul 2010, 09:36

Hello,

I've got an Alfa 156 selespeed 2.0 ts, year 2000, ecu is motronic me3.1 according to scan result from latest version of multiecuscan.
I've got a toshiba laptop with version 1.6 multiecuscan running a vagcom obdII cable purchased from Ebay. Driver program downloaded from Ross-tech website and drivers from included disc installed. Device is working properly according to device manager. Followed instructions for the VAGcom cable according to this website, changed latency to 1 etc, assigned com port to various different no's, 1,2 and 4, assigned to same port on settings of ecuscan, I get the led light up, ignition on etc - here's what happens.
I choose motronic me7.3.1 in version 1.6 (should this talk to the me3.1 ecu ok?) a warning comes up wrong iso code and choose to continue y/n, the bottom pane says connected. If I choose yes the warning disappears and for a second I get the ecu information page, serial no etc, then program simply disconnects and returns to main menu. I tried literally dozens of times and managed to connect once (although with a latency too high warning) but it was the wrong ecu I think. I also occassionally get general exception error coming up. What could be wrong? Do I need to reinstall drivers, is version 1.6 just not compatible with my car? I want to sort any PC issues before buying full version of software if I even need it?

mattydr67

Re: connection problem

Post by mattydr67 » 10 Jul 2010, 19:44

ME3.1 it is covered by the last version 2.3.1 of FES, you can use it.
If ou use that VAGCOM interface you should change the latency from default 16 to 2
And the last driver for it you can found here http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20602.zip