Can you help me which adapter I should use for my car? I bought the the scanner with yellow one as recommened

General messages
StanleyZ

Can you help me which adapter I should use for my car? I bought the the scanner with yellow one as recommened

Post by StanleyZ » 06 May 2024, 17:20

I have read on fiat forum that if I use the multiecuscan too with yellow adapter I can read the original codes of Fiat. But I see it is super complicated and there are many adapters now that I have purchased the product. It is registered today on this email. Can you help me if I have the right adapter? I have the A3 yellow one. My car is Fiat Panda 2014. I think model is 2009 but it is remade 2014 this particular car. Plate number is SL64RVR. VIN ZFA31200003375726.

s130

Re: Can you help me which adapter I should use for my car? I bought the the scanner with yellow one as recommened

Post by s130 » 07 May 2024, 08:43

Firstly MES will not upset your car just by connecting.

NOTE! See end of this reply regarding your Panda 2014. What follows immediately is MES General EOBD support you would get with any EOBD compliant scanner. This can be used on all cars

I would suggest the following, is done WITHOUT and WITH the Yellow connector.

o Start MES with interface plugged in
o On the Make Menu (LHS) choose EOBD (this is the Standard EOBD that all cars have to support)
o On the Lower Right Select F11 Scan (this will scan for found nodes/ecu and say if supported or not)
o On the Lower Right Select F12 Scan DTC (this may not be enabled if there are no errors)

Make a note of the various info all the info. MES will also create a log file in it's program directory.

Once done with the what you have connector wise will give you good info on your car.

You can now progress further.

You say you have a Panda 2014. MES lists vehicles by basic year type and engine. So your 2014 is I'm fairly sure the Panda 2012 and thus only requires the interface and (as required) the yellow adaptor.

Start MES with no yellow adapter. Chose your Panda 2012 Model/Version. Now you can select what to connect to. For the Engine no adapter is required. When selecting a vehicle node/ecu if the A3 adapter is required then MES will prompt for the adapter.

MES can be confusing when one first start to use it but like any tool use builds experience etc.

Hope this helps?
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus