Alfa 4C tail light question

General messages
vabene4C

Alfa 4C tail light question

Post by vabene4C » 08 May 2017, 23:40

I have a US Spec 2015 Alfa 4C Launch Edition. I have installed European tail lights, Euro have orange turn indicator, US has red. They are easily swapped, but the US model operates differently than the Euro version. On the US version the brake light also operates the red turn signal and when signaling a turn, the red indicator light illuminates as does one of the LED circle of lights. The Euro version just has one of the LED light circles illuminate, (not the orange turn indicator) when braking, when signaling a turn only the orange lens illuminates. So my Euro lights operate in US mode. Is there a way to configure them to operate in Euro mode? If not is there an update that could incorporate this feature. Looking for any input. Thank you!

alex-et3

Re: Alfa 4C tail light question

Post by alex-et3 » 09 May 2017, 10:45

vabene4C wrote:I have a US Spec 2015 Alfa 4C Launch Edition. I have installed European tail lights, Euro have orange turn indicator, US has red. They are easily swapped, but the US model operates differently than the Euro version. On the US version the brake light also operates the red turn signal and when signaling a turn, the red indicator light illuminates as does one of the LED circle of lights. The Euro version just has one of the LED light circles illuminate, (not the orange turn indicator) when braking, when signaling a turn only the orange lens illuminates. So my Euro lights operate in US mode. Is there a way to configure them to operate in Euro mode? If not is there an update that could incorporate this feature. Looking for any input. Thank you!
Surely there is a way to change their operation, but the secret is in the proxy configuration.
You should try to ask Yani for help.

vabene4C

Post by vabene4C » 09 May 2017, 13:29

I figured that might be the place to look. Will check it out tonight, see if I have my interface correctly integrated with Multiscanecu, then hit the Proxi menu. I figured it might be the first step in getting this done, thanks for the reply. Fran

vabene4C

Post by vabene4C » 10 May 2017, 00:01

Amazingly I got everything to work 1st time on the Multiscanecu install. I did'nt see anything in Proxy that seemed to allow me access at this time. Will check a couple other ideas tomorrow.

alex-et3

Post by alex-et3 » 10 May 2017, 10:56

vabene4C wrote:Amazingly I got everything to work 1st time on the Multiscanecu install. I did'nt see anything in Proxy that seemed to allow me access at this time. Will check a couple other ideas tomorrow.
You have to make the proxy change from yani.

vabene4C

Post by vabene4C » 18 May 2017, 10:18

Yani has been extremely helpful in trying to figure this out. What he needs is a proxy report from a Euro spec 4C. So if anyone on this forum has a 4C in Euro spec, I would be deeply indebted to you is you could run a proxy scan on your Euro spec 4C and send it to Multiecuscan using the red send report key. Then if an email could be sent to, "support@multiecuscan.net" with a subject line of "Euro Alfa 4C proxy report" and mention the approximate time the report was sent and Vabene4C euro taillight issue. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and even more thanks to anyone who assists me. Cheers, Fran