Connection failed with Elm327Usb to F.Panda 2006.1.2.8V

General messages
Lezli46

Connection failed with Elm327Usb to F.Panda 2006.1.2.8V

Post by Lezli46 » 10 Jul 2016, 05:01

Hi, just joined the forum ,and want to say hello for dear members! Very -very thankfull for all kind of Help, sorry my bed english!

CAR: Fiat Panda 1.2 8V. 2006 , Elm 327 Usb interface, Win 7 Pr.32bit, experimenting with registred und also demo version of multiecuscan, on two diffrent laptoops, Com Port und Baudrate setting to 100% OK, Interface Test OK.., Interface-modul choice strikt follows the recommendations in : " supported vehicles/systems of multiecuscan"!!

PROBLEM : Connection only und alone to engine ECU possible!!! Ther is no, und never successfull Connection with module on C-Can protokoll: to Dash, to Climat, to Service, to body ECM etc!! "ECU CONNECTION FAIL" etc . massages every times!

Im totally confused...,what du I wrong??? If this Elm327 usb wrong.., wher cann I bay the really right one, what compatibl ,und correktly works with module on C-Can protokoll to??? Without posterior recontruction!!!!

This Elm327Usb interface works korrekt , for example with modiag--scanmaster--forscan program.

Thanks answearing und with kind regads
Lezli

PS:My circuit board not the same, as described by Yany...,
WHAT RESISTOR REMOVED IN THIS CASE???

ciocclaude

Re: Connection failed with Elm327Usb to F.Panda 2006.1.2.8V

Post by ciocclaude » 19 Jul 2016, 18:12

Lezli46 wrote:Hi, just joined the forum ,and want to say hello for dear members! Very -very thankfull for all kind of Help, sorry my bed english!

CAR: Fiat Panda 1.2 8V. 2006 , Elm 327 Usb interface, Win 7 Pr.32bit, experimenting with registred und also demo version of multiecuscan, on two diffrent laptoops, Com Port und Baudrate setting to 100% OK, Interface Test OK.., Interface-modul choice strikt follows the recommendations in : " supported vehicles/systems of multiecuscan"!!

PROBLEM : Connection only und alone to engine ECU possible!!! Ther is no, und never successfull Connection with module on C-Can protokoll: to Dash, to Climat, to Service, to body ECM etc!! "ECU CONNECTION FAIL" etc . massages every times!

Im totally confused...,what du I wrong??? If this Elm327 usb wrong.., wher cann I bay the really right one, what compatibl ,und correktly works with module on C-Can protokoll to??? Without posterior recontruction!!!!

This Elm327Usb interface works korrekt , for example with modiag--scanmaster--forscan program.

Thanks answearing und with kind regads
Lezli

PS:My circuit board not the same, as described by Yany...,
WHAT RESISTOR REMOVED IN THIS CASE???
Hi there,
I can tell you what I did to solve a similar problem with my ELM 327 interface which is an "el cheapo" model from China (you have to be a little bit handy with electronics though). My car is a 2007 Panda 1.3 Multijet 4x4. Open up the interface (see on the web how to do it) and locate the CAN transceiver chip (mine is a MCP2551 but there are several different ones) which is usually close to the OBD connector. Take a look at the datasheet specific for your chip (easily available on the web) and verify the pinout. You are looking for the CAN H and CAN L pins (usually number 6 and 7). Get a multimeter and set it to Ohms. Measure the resistance between these 2 pins: it should read OL (i.e. Open Circuit), if not and you see 120 ohms (mine was 119) then you have to locate the resistor (it is usually nearby, follow the tracks with the help of a magnifying glass) and flick it away. At this point you should be in business (it worked fine in my case). Don't forget to use the proper connector as explained in the MES web site.
Take care
Caesar

Lezli46

Post by Lezli46 » 30 Jul 2016, 09:15

Dear Ceasar!

First of all thank you for your helpfulness, sorry my bad english.., back to Elm327..,
1.You removed the 120 Ohm resistor,noting els, and thus has the problem resolvd????

regadse Lezli

ciocclaude

Post by ciocclaude » 30 Jul 2016, 09:39

Lezli46 wrote:Dear Ceasar!

First of all thank you for your helpfulness, sorry my bad english.., back to Elm327..,
1.You removed the 120 Ohm resistor,noting els, and thus has the problem resolvd????

regadse Lezli
My ELM327 as it came from the vendor was only connecting to the engine ECU but it wasn't connecting (for instance) to Service despite the Green adaptor required for my car. Once I removed the resistor as detailed in the previous post and with the use of the Green adaptor I was able to connect with everything.
Greetings
C.

Lezli46

Post by Lezli46 » 20 Aug 2016, 17:31

Many Thanks answearing..,

without commentare..,

1.first removed the R2 resistor:(resistance now between these 2 pins Open Circuite) No Change.

2.Mounted RC, 100.Ohm Resister + 561pF Capacitor to Pin 6 and 14 CanH und CanL. No Change. Thies was of yany suggested way..,

3.my friend getting Of ebay.de ,one interface Elm327 ,of corse clone version :works 100% korrect!!!
by the way ,origin resistance between 6 und 14 pins: Open Circuite...,

best regadse
Lezli

ciocclaude

Post by ciocclaude » 20 Aug 2016, 20:59

Lezli46 wrote:Many Thanks answearing..,

without commentare..,

1.first removed the R2 resistor:(resistance now between these 2 pins Open Circuite) No Change.

2.Mounted RC, 100.Ohm Resister + 561pF Capacitor to Pin 6 and 14 CanH und CanL. No Change. Thies was of yany suggested way..,

3.my friend getting Of ebay.de ,one interface Elm327 ,of corse clone version :works 100% korrect!!!
by the way ,origin resistance between 6 und 14 pins: Open Circuite...,

best regadse
Lezli
Glad you finally got through. Some interfaces just will not connect (fake ones? Driver problems?, who knows). Others connect only to Engine Control Unit and need the resistor flicking trick to connect to the rest. Finally the good ones (and more expensive) come ready to go with a good driver. Have fun with MES. Take care
C.