Hill Holder- stuck on hill Can Setup /Proxi alignment

General messages
aurick86

Hill Holder- stuck on hill Can Setup /Proxi alignment

Post by aurick86 » 11 Jan 2013, 11:01

Hi,
I have a BIG problem with my Bavo 2008 T-jet:
the Hill Holder feature does not work as it should (but does not throw/store any errors):
-on a slope the hill holder engages the brakes but does not release (i got stuck in many underground parking lots and am a few ramps - NO errors!!!)
-if when stoping on a hill i use the minimum braking force on the pedal the hill holder sometimes disengages the brakes ....but only after the 3-4 seconds
-it never releases when the engine torque is sufficient

I have a few questions about the Proxi alignment procedure:
-connect to: Can Setup/ Proxi alignment procedure/ adjustments/
-here we can see "ABS System" (comment: this function sets the type of ABS system in the vehicule- ABS/ASR/VDC/TC)
If i would to do a proxy alignmet for the ABS System and select only "ABS" would that disable the ESP (along with ASR and Hill Holder)?????
Is there any software way of disabilling the only the Hill Holder "feature" ???

I do not have a flashing odometer, is it still possible to be a proxi alignment problem????

Have allready been to the Fiat stealer ...and they could not find the problem either. They were talking about starting the old "change parts till we fix it"... at some outrageous prices and they charged me for 4 hours of work. (so still using the car with the fear of getting stuck on any hill)

Aron96

Re: Hill Holder- stuck on hill Can Setup /Proxi alignment

Post by Aron96 » 12 Jan 2013, 06:33

Hello aurick86, from what you say, you were in the workshop fiat, and found nothing, but when he has not tried to replace the brake pedal switch, which happened to me and gave no errors but I solved the problem by replacing malfunctioning hill holder , then when you do not know any program that disables the hill holder function, for when the alignment procedure proxies can try to get them in the end if you do not say that the car does not need alignment proxi

aurick86

Post by aurick86 » 12 Jan 2013, 10:03

Tank you for the reply,
the brake switch has already been replaced. but the brakes still get stuck on ( alter the hill holder goes in action).

So basically, in order to disable the Hill Holder, the abs module should be reprogrammed?

Aron96

Post by Aron96 » 13 Jan 2013, 06:21

for when you're saying that the car is locked or not functioning hill holder, I realized that does not work?, because if the car gets stuck there a fiat circular which says that they must intervene in the brake pedal by replacing, in the unit when it is not abs you can reprogram the ECU with multiecuscan but only with original equipment Fiat but still if there is a current date nature you can tell only the Fiat

aurick86

Post by aurick86 » 13 Jan 2013, 12:06

Sorry, but i can't understand what you are saying.
Please say in in Italian ( i see you are from Italy).. i might have a better chance of understanding it.

aurick86

Post by aurick86 » 14 Jan 2013, 08:59

When the car went in to the Fiat dealer,
they said that the abs system is faulty, and that they must replace the electro-hidraulic ABS module ( at a price 3000 euro :? )
I also asked if they could reprogram it to remove the Hill Holder.
The brakes get stuck (and the car can not move) only when the hill holder goes on.

You said that the brake pedal must be replaced... i do not think that is the problem because it only causes problems with the hill holder.
on a normal road (no hill) .. the brakes do not get stuck, regardless of how i use them.

Yesterday I've replaced the brake fluid , and we saw that somebody (Fiat dealer) had put some other fluid in the system.
The fluid was red and more viscous that normal brake fluid, the mechanic said it was probably steering fluid. :x

Will try to continue to clean the system.. a few more brake fluid changes in the next month;
If that does not solve the problem, i think i will replace the ABS module (found a second hand one for 200 euros, from a breakers)
Do you have any other suggestions?
Should i try something different?

pedro m

Post by pedro m » 20 Apr 2014, 10:31

Hello guys,
i need advice.
When i look in proxi alignment, module ABS, i see value ABS.
But my alfa 159 2.4jtdm Q4 has a VDC system.
My alfa is made by 2008 year.
Is these value in these module correct?
Should i chnage this value to VDC or different or keep this on value ABS ?

Please help me.
btw. I have no problem with anything, i just want have everything alright.

Thank you guys.

pedro
AR 159, 2008fl, Q4, 2.4JTDm
egr/swirl/dpf off
custom coolant heater on

pedro m

Post by pedro m » 22 Apr 2014, 05:34

up
:arrow:
egr/swirl/dpf off
custom coolant heater on

pedro m

Post by pedro m » 25 Apr 2014, 08:56

ehm, i wrote bulshit,
my defaut vaule in module ABS is ASR, sorry guys

a follow-up to this - what's yours value in these module?
egr/swirl/dpf off
custom coolant heater on

pedro m

Post by pedro m » 12 Jun 2014, 05:57

up
egr/swirl/dpf off
custom coolant heater on