Tpms disable Alfa Mito 2015

multiecuscan program usage help
Garryboy

Tpms disable Alfa Mito 2015

Post by Garryboy » 19 Nov 2023, 19:01

Hi folks. First post on the forum.

Done a search but could find anything definitive.

I have a UK 2015 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.6jtd. it has a warning on the dash that says TPMS unavailable. Typical that I had tyres replaced not so ago. I assume the sensor battery has failed being nearly 10 years old.

Question is can I use multiecuscan to determine which sensor or sensors are not working so I can replace them accordingly. Or can I permanently disable the TPMS warning light.

Any help appreciated.

s130

Re: Tpms disable Alfa Mito 2015

Post by s130 » 20 Nov 2023, 08:21

MES has good Mito 1.6JTD TPMS coverage.

By wheel is can do: Pressure, Temeprature, Low/High speed refence pressures, etc.

It can also measure RF signal levels max and min relative to electromagnetic interference levels.

Extra bonus is that you CAN Disable the TPMS:

"his procedure aloows you to enable or disable the TPMS control unit. You may want to diable the control unit when exchanging winter/summer tires or when the system interferes with other vehicles parked nearby. You can always re-enable the TPMS system by using this function."

Hope ths helps.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

Garryboy

Post by Garryboy » 20 Nov 2023, 17:57

s130 wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 08:21
MES has good Mito 1.6JTD TPMS coverage.

By wheel is can do: Pressure, Temeprature, Low/High speed refence pressures, etc.

It can also measure RF signal levels max and min relative to electromagnetic interference levels.

Extra bonus is that you CAN Disable the TPMS:

"his procedure aloows you to enable or disable the TPMS control unit. You may want to diable the control unit when exchanging winter/summer tires or when the system interferes with other vehicles parked nearby. You can always re-enable the TPMS system by using this function."

Hope ths helps.
Fantastic. That's exactly what I was looking to hear.

Will let you know the outcome once ive my OBD reader arrives

Garryboy

Post by Garryboy » 01 Dec 2023, 21:21

unable to disable TPMS ecu with MES.

when ii try it just says operation failed. I take it for safety reasons the Module cannot be turned off.

However resetting the 2 fault codes removes the light from the dash and they only return after 5 mins of continuous driving. Hopefully light will stay off for duration of MOT test.

My fault codes were showing issue with both left wheels. i swapped wheels over to the other side and cleared fault, hoping the fualt would be picked up on the other side of the car, however when fault codes reappeared they stayed on front and rear left.

Im thinking issued with pick up sensors or wiring on the left side of the car.

s130

Post by s130 » 02 Dec 2023, 08:31

Swopping wheels over with Active TPMS Sensors will not change the indicated location as the wheels are coded as front left, front right, rear left and rearch right. Well this my understanding.

Garryboy

Post by Garryboy » 02 Dec 2023, 12:36

s130 wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 08:31
Swopping wheels over with Active TPMS Sensors will not change the indicated location as the wheels are coded as front left, front right, rear left and rearch right. Well this my understanding.
Ah that makes diagnosing difficult lol
May I should just buy 4 sensors and replace them all. I can get 4 from eBay for £65

s130

Post by s130 » 04 Dec 2023, 08:57

Replacing sensors at 10 years is probably a good idea.

Have you tried:

1. Check all tyre pressures and set levels and the use MES to records all the Parameters

2. Remove one wheel and take it well away from the car

3. Do Parameter checks again. One wheel should now be missing. Did this wheel come from the position MES said? If not put that wheel back on the car in it's correct position.

4. Repeat for other wheels as required.

I'm just wondering if the wheels are out of postion and the TPMS system also takes into account rotational and geometry information into account when the car is in motion.

OggyGTA

Post by OggyGTA » 30 Mar 2024, 11:53

Garryboy wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 21:21
unable to disable TPMS ecu with MES.

when ii try it just says operation failed. I take it for safety reasons the Module cannot be turned off.

However resetting the 2 fault codes removes the light from the dash and they only return after 5 mins of continuous driving. Hopefully light will stay off for duration of MOT test.

My fault codes were showing issue with both left wheels. i swapped wheels over to the other side and cleared fault, hoping the fualt would be picked up on the other side of the car, however when fault codes reappeared they stayed on front and rear left.

Im thinking issued with pick up sensors or wiring on the left side of the car.
Hi, I'm getting the same connection failed message. Could this be a bug, as being able to disable the TPMS can be done on other models.