Fiat Ducato 2012 ABS ECU Replacement Coding

multiecuscan program usage help
MarkB

Fiat Ducato 2012 ABS ECU Replacement Coding

Post by MarkB » 26 Apr 2023, 14:06

Hi all,

I hope you can help.

We have a Fiat Ducato x250 based motorhome. The ABS unit has failed (I believe it is a Bosch ABS 9 unit). We had it repaired last year for the same issue, but it has failed again now, and is now unrepairable.

I am looking at getting a second hand unit and fitting it, but it has become very apparent that it is not just a straight swap. An ECU repair company have suggested that they may have been able to copy the data from the old unit to the new one, but they are now saying this is not possible. So, I am being advised that any second hand unit will need to be coded into the vehicle.

Can anyone advise what this coding my require? I have heard stories that these units are flashed at the factory, and then cant be recoded? If this is the case then I cannot fit a second hand unit (and all the second hand units for sale, on Ebay for example, are useless). Assuming they can be recoded, can anyone advise what needs to be done please, eg VIN number etc.

Lastly, since a lot of commercial garages now seen to have recently stopped being Fiat Professional dealers, I cant even go along to any who used to be near me to get them to recode......and none of the car dealerships can fit the motorhome in their garages. So there are dead ends everywhere.

So, I would be very grateful if someone could advise what coding I will need to do to get the second hand ABS unit to work.

Many thanks in advance.
Mark

KEN TODD

Re: Fiat Ducato 2012 ABS ECU Replacement Coding

Post by KEN TODD » 27 May 2023, 09:25

Hi Mark, Have you resolved your problem we have had similar issues ours is 2012 Ducato 130 Multijet
You can contact me on oldspiceboss@icloud.com

Best Regards Ken