Connection OK but values not shown

multiecuscan program usage help
andreatheflyer

Connection OK but values not shown

Post by andreatheflyer » 13 Oct 2022, 10:29

Hi there,
i have a weird problem with Multiecuscan 4.9 connectiong to a 2001 Fiat Punto (188) through a Bluetooth ELM327 interface.
The communication test works despite saying it may not be able to connect to all modules.
If I try to connect, for example to engine ECU, it connects regularly.
The problem is, once connected to the ECU, the information values are not shown, and most importantly, the numeric parameters are also not shown when I select any of them (like if I left them unselected).
The oddest thing is, I have a serial port "sniffer" that shows what's passing by a serial or VCP line, and it actually shows traffic (bytes) going back and forth between the PC and the ELM interface. If I increase the number of selected parameters, the length of the reply (number of bytes) from the ELM increase as expected. But all the data boxes are empty except the measure unit.
If I performs a scan for modules, it also shows plenty of traffic through the serial line, but again, the result is blank (no modules found).
Any idea on how to solve this problem?
Thanks regards.

shpuncik

Re: Connection OK but values not shown

Post by shpuncik » 13 Oct 2022, 20:56

and if you choose graphs? will it draw it?
just wild guess maybe problems with .NET?

andreatheflyer

Re: Connection OK but values not shown

Post by andreatheflyer » 26 Oct 2022, 21:31

shpuncik wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 20:56
and if you choose graphs? will it draw it?
just wild guess maybe problems with .NET?
Just checked this out. On the graph I can see the scales, the grids but the plots are not drawn.
Which .NET needs the program? I'm running Windows 11.