Fiat Ducato -12, no connection to any ECU, BCM...

multiecuscan program usage help
Alfamies

Fiat Ducato -12, no connection to any ECU, BCM...

Post by Alfamies » 26 Feb 2022, 14:40

Hi, I've been working on Ducato for a while now.
The van is -12, 2.3 diesel, it also has ABS which includes ASR, TCS, Hill Holder and ESP. This is an individual whose repair history is unclear.
The engine does not start, the engine cranks well (new battery), a lot of error lights in the dashboard. The immobilizer light is continuously ON, ABS, EPS and ESR are not available. Basically everything else works, lights, etc.
I get the engine running when I force relay T09 on with the toothpick, its control should come from the ECU connector B72 (ground). The car can be driven but since the OBD does not work it is not worth of going to MOT.
The biggest problem is that I can't connect to any contoller, I've tried with a few OBD readers and software, including Multiecuscan and AlfaOBD. Everyone has the same answer, no contact to ECU...
I have also taken the ECU and BCM to the table and tried to read them one by one, I got into the ECU with some program and got to read the errors and manage it anyway. The only error was an EGR error.
The eLearn X250 includes excellent electrical images and explanations, and the images and wiring harnesses match. The groundings I have checked, all the fuses and relays have also been through. I have opened those wiring harnesses, e.g. gone through both CAN buses and so far I haven't found any anomalies. I also checked the C-CAN (high speed) bus termination at 60 ohms, the terminators appear to be in the BCM and ECU. However I can not find terminators for the B-CAN (low speed), I assume it is Star-Can located in the BCM?

As long as the spring sun warms up a bit, I will continue to comb the wiring harnesses.
Would there be any tips / experiences to help me?
Has anyone successfully tested the ECU / BCM or ABS on the table?

ECU: Bosch, EDC16C39, 0281014209, 51799349, D23 41U61 L09
BCM: Marelli, NPL 250C.00, 503440280105

Kind Regards, Matti