Programming key to Immobilizer

multiecuscan program usage help
meyouall

Programming key to Immobilizer

Post by meyouall » 22 May 2021, 18:50

Hi,

I am sorry if this question is already, I searched it but couldn’t find any link.

I have registered version of MES.

Can I program a key to the immobilizer of my Alfa Romeo Gt 2006?

So, I’m not talking about remote key programming, but programming it so I can start the car with it (besides using its remote functions).

Thanks in advance!!!

s130

Re: Programming key to Immobilizer

Post by s130 » 23 May 2021, 11:56

I think the answer is yes but as you have MES check for yourself with you correct GT model.

In MES I chose in Test Mode the Alfa GT 3.2 V6 24V Body Computer Marelli 937 and find under Adjustments:

Key Programming
---------------------
This procedure allows the programming of keys/transponders in the Body Computer. The keys/transponders have to be pre-programmed with body computer's secret codes in order to be recognized by the vehicle. Follow the instructions on screen and make sure you have ALL keys (up to 8) before starting the procedure.

Remote Programming
--------------------------
This function allows the programming of remote controls in the Body Computer. Follow the instructions on screen and make sure you have ALL remote controls (up to 8) before starting the procedure.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

meyouall

Post by meyouall » 23 May 2021, 12:38

Thanks for your reply.

You say “the key/transponders have to be preprogrammed with secret codes...”. I assume this part needs to be done by the dealer or a locksmith, right?

Actually I was wishing we will be able to perform the whole programming procedure with the MES. If someone take the keys for preprograming to a locksmith then it is time/cost efficient to have the rest of the programming also done by the locksmith or dealer.

s130

Post by s130 » 23 May 2021, 14:19

See details below:

The secret code is the vehicles Body Computer PIN code which in the EU (excluding UK) would have been supplied on a "Code Card". If you do not have that code then you will have to request your Fiat/Alfa dealer to get that code for you for which they will most probably charge you.

This procedure allows the programming of keys/transponders in the Body Computer. The keys/transponders have to be pre-programmed with body computer's secret codes in order to be recognized by the vehicle. Follow the instructions on screen and make sure you have ALL keys (up to 8) before starting the procedure.
WARNING: DO NOT RUN this procedure if you don't know what you are doing as this procedure may permanently disable your keys! Make sure YOU HAVE ALL KEYS as you will have to program ALL of them into the Body Computer.
WARNING: You will also need to enter the electronic key code of your vehicle in order to execute this function. You can find this code on your vehicle's CODE CARD. Please be careful and note that the Body Computer will block itself for 30 minutes after an incorrect code is entered 3 times.
NOTE: You may run this procedure in simulation mode to see how it works. Basically, you have to do the following:
1. Start the procedure
2. The system will ask you to insert KEY 1 and click Y. After that the system will confirm if the recognition of the key is successfull.
3. The system will ask you to insert KEY 2. So, you have to remove KEY 1 and insert KEY 2. This procedure can be repeated for up to 8 keys.
4. The system will finally store all recognized keys into the body computer and will display a status of the whole procedure. You will still have a chance to abort the procedure before step 4 and restore the key data. However, after step 4 the new keys will be stored permanently and ANY existing keys that are not inserted/recognized during the procedure will be PERMANENTLY disabled in the body computer and it will not be possible to use them anymore.
ALSO NOTE: The vehicle will probably display immobilizer/key errors on the dashboard during the procedure! This is normal!
After the procedure:
1. Remove all keys, disconnect the OBD cable and wait 60 seconds
2. Take one key and start the engine with it
3. Turn off the engine and remove key
4. Close all doors and test the remote control (if this is an RF key).
Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 for all keys!

meyouall

Post by meyouall » 24 May 2021, 10:21

Thnx again.

If you mean the 5 digit electronic code on the key card (where u also have the mechanical code) supplied with the car, I do have that.

If this is the “vehicle body computer pin code”, then I won’t need a pre-programmed transponder for my purpose (mentioned in my first post here). Am I right?

If ur answer is yes, then is it possible to do the “pre-programming” of the transponder with MES (registered, of course)?

alex-et3

Post by alex-et3 » 24 May 2021, 11:25

the keys must be ordered new at a fiat dealership because they are preprogrammed with your vin in Volvera, in the FCA headquarters.You cannot take a used or new key, destined for another vin, and store it in your car.Most likely the programming will not be successful reporting the specific error related to the wrong range of the vin

meyouall

Post by meyouall » 24 May 2021, 13:07

Thank you, Alex.

I’m sure you know better than local locksmiths with key programming tools. They say it is possible to program a key to the computer/VIN of my car.
In first instance they tried an used transponder of a alfa 147 which gave an error during the programming process. They didn’t know it was used.
I have ordered an empty or so called “virgin” transponder which they will try to program it. It is worth a try, I guess.

I started this post because I thought if they could do it with their tools or software, maybe it is also possible with MES. 🤷‍♂️

s130

Post by s130 » 24 May 2021, 17:27

I would say/advise that I have *NO* experience of using MES or any other program to program either coded keys or remote fobs into *any* Fiat or Alfa or any other make of car that does not use a Master Key (red on older Fiats/Alfas).

Only advice I would have is that is using MES to do key coding or other critical programming/changes then I *personally* would use a hard wired interface and not a Bluetooth one. When doing potential vehicle immobilising changes then you need 100% reliable connectivity.

meyouall

Post by meyouall » 25 May 2021, 17:41

I will surely consider your advise if I happen to do the programming myself. Thanks!

misaelrt

Post by misaelrt » 04 Jun 2021, 20:23

s130 wrote:
23 May 2021, 14:19
See details below:

The secret code is the vehicles Body Computer PIN code which in the EU (excluding UK) would have been supplied on a "Code Card". If you do not have that code then you will have to request your Fiat/Alfa dealer to get that code for you for which they will most probably charge you.

WARNING: DO NOT RUN this procedure if you don't know what you are doing as this procedure may permanently disable your keys! Make sure YOU HAVE ALL KEYS as you will have to program ALL of them into the Body Computer.
WARNING: You will also need to enter the electronic key code of your vehicle in order to execute this function. You can find this code on your vehicle's CODE CARD. Please be careful and note that the Body Computer will block itself for 30 minutes after an incorrect code is entered 3 times.
NOTE: You may run this procedure in simulation mode to see how it works. Basically, you have to do the following:
1. Start the procedure
2. The system will ask you to insert KEY 1 and click Y. After that the system will confirm if the recognition of the key is successfull.
3. The system will ask you to insert KEY 2. So, you have to remove KEY 1 and insert KEY 2. This procedure can be repeated for up to 8 keys.
4. The system will finally store all recognized keys into the body computer and will display a status of the whole procedure. You will still have a chance to abort the procedure before step 4 and restore the key data. However, after step 4 the new keys will be stored permanently and ANY existing keys that are not inserted/recognized during the procedure will be PERMANENTLY disabled in the body computer and it will not be possible to use them anymore.
ALSO NOTE: The vehicle will probably display immobilizer/key errors on the dashboard during the procedure! This is normal!
After the procedure:
1. Remove all keys, disconnect the OBD cable and wait 60 seconds
2. Take one key and start the engine with it
3. Turn off the engine and remove key
4. Close all doors and test the remote control (if this is an RF key).
Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 for all keys!
1. Start the procedure
2. The system asked you to enter the KEY 1 and click Y. After that, the system confirms whether the recognition of the key was successful.
3. The system will prompt you to enter KEY 2. Therefore, you must remove KEY 1 and enter KEY 2. This procedure can be repeated for up to 8 keys.

In this step, when taking the 1st key, do you not lose communication with the car/BC?

Using a virgin transponder can you encode the key to start the vehicle? Has anyone performed this procedure with the MES?

Tks